Chevrolet Repair/98 Chevy Monte Carlo Z34 3.8L V6 wont start

Question
1998 chevy Monte Carlo z34 3.8L
My car turns over but won't start up, been having a anti freeze leak problem I think coming from water pump or intake manifold(upper passenger side of engine, below altenator and belts). cars resevoire only holds antifreeze for a couple days, and engine smokes from the leak. car would heat up then slowly cool down but wouldnt overheat the coolant light would stay on most the  time. The other night I drove without warming the engine up as I usually do and my car began behaving like it was running out of gas, and the check engine light came on. I stopped it then it wouldn't turn on for 20 mins. After that I drove it home and the next day started it up fine but didnt drive. It hasn't started since. The code that came up is P0171 system too lean (bank 1) any help solving this issue would be greatly appreciated. Also the weather has been very cold lately if it helps.

Answer
HI BRIAN, WELL BRIAN FIRST THINGS FIRST, YOU NEED TO REPAIR THE COOLANT LEAK BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE. WHEN YOU SAY YOU STOPPED THE CAR DO YOU MEAN YOU TURNED IT OFF AND THEN TRIED TO RESTART IT AND IT WOULD NOT START...JUST CRANK AND CRANK ??? IF THIS ENGINE GOT REAL HOT THIS COULD CAUSE THIS..BUT SINCE IT HAS COOLED DOWN NOW IT SHOULD START..SO YOU NEED TO FIND OUT WHAT IS MISSING EITHER FUEL OR IGNITION..REMOVE A SPARK PLUG WIRE AND PUT A SCREW DRIVER IN THE WIRE END AND PUT IT ABOUT 1/4 OF A INCH AWAY FROM A METAL SURFACE.HAVE SOMEONE CRANK THE ENG OVER WHILE YOU LOOK FOR SPARK. IF NO SPARK MAY HAVE A BAD CRANK SENSOR OR IGN MODULE,,IF THERE IS SPARK THEN YOUR PROBLEM IS NO FUEL..REMOVE THE CAP ON THE FUEL RAIL FOR THE CK VALVE AND PUSH THE SHRADER VALVE DOWN WHILE SOMEONE CRANKS THE ENG OVER THERE SHOULD BE FUEL THERE THE ENTIRE TIME THE ENG CRANKS OVER..IF NO FUEL IS THERE THE FUEL PUMP IS FAULTY OR THERE IS A WIRING PROBLEM TO THE FUEL PUMP..THE PO 171 SYS TO LEAN WOULD NOT CAUSE A NO START..THIS COULD BE CAUSED BY  OVERHEATING PROBLEM HOWEVER..  THIS SHOULD KEEP YOU BUSY FOR A WHILE. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU FIND..TOM

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS