Chevrolet Repair/Auto repair

Question
QUESTION: I have a Chevy camero I took it in to the shop and they told me my power steering was low and dirty and needed to be flushed, needs tire alignment and both rear shocks are out what will occur if I didn't get all this fixed right away? How long can I wait?thank you

ANSWER: HI ALBERT,WELL IF YOUR POWER STEERING OIL IS LOW YOU HAVE A LEAK..HAVE YOU NOTICED ANY LEAK ?? OR DID THEY JUST TELL YOU THAT FOR BUSINESS ??? AS FAR AS HAVING THE SYSTEM FLUSHED,BULL, DO NOT WORRY ABOUT IT..BUT IF IT REALLY IS LOW I WOULD HAVE A SHOP THAT YOU TRUST CK IT OUT FOR A LEAK AND HAVE THIS REPAIRED ASAP...AS FAR AS TIRES GOES,I WOULD HAVE THEM REPLACED AS SOON AS YOU CAN..THE NEXT STEP IS TO CK THE FRONT TIRE WEAR BEFORE YOU REPLACE THEM AND IF THE TIRES ARE WEARING EVEN ACROSS AND THE STEERING WHEEL IS CENTERED THEN CHANCES ARE THE ALIGNMENT IS OK
BUT IF THE FRONT TIRES ARE WEARING ON THE INSIDE OR OUTSIDE EDGES THEN YOU MAY WANT TO HAVE A ALIGNMENT DONE,YOU DO NOT WANT TO WEAR OUT YOUR NEW TIRES SOONER THEN NEEDED..AS FAR AS THE REAR SHOCKS GO,IF THE REAR TIRES ARE CHOPPED AND THE CAR BOUNCES UP AND DOWN REALLY EASY IN THE REAR YOU MAY WANT TO REPLACE THE SHOCKS..RULE OF THUMB SHOCKS LAST ABOUT 60K OR SO..
SO FIRST ON LIST CK FOR POWER STEERING LEAK,REPAIR IF NEEDED.
#2 ON LIST, TIRES
#3 ALIGNMENT IF NEEDED ALONG WITH THE SHOCKS..
HOPE THIS HELPS YOU AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,TOM

QUESTION: 1)Yes it is leaking power steering is on the left and the leak is on the right
2)I just recently bought new tires
3)car does seem a bit shaky on the freeway could this be the alignment? Shocks seem to be working doesn't bounce easily car has 49k

Thanks I appreciate the help

Answer
HI AGAIN ALBERT,YOUR POWER STEERING PUMP IS ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE ENGINE[DRIVER SIDE]I DO NOT KNOW THE YEAR OF YOUR CAMARO SO I DO NOT KNOW IF YOU HAVE A RACK AND PINION STEERING OR OLD STEERING GEAR BOX..IF IT IS SAY 1999 AND UP YOU HAVE A RACK AND PINION STEERING,SO THE LEAK COULD BE EITHER ON THE LEFT OR RIGHT SIDE BECAUSE THE RACK GOES FROM LEFT AND RIGHT SIDE OF CAR. I WOULD GET THIS FIXED BECAUSE THIS WILL WORSEN AND YOU DO NOT WANT TO LOOSE YOUR POWER STEERING SYSTEMM. AS FAR AS THE SHAKY FEELING AT HIGHER SPEEDS THIS WOULD NOT BE CAUSED BY ALIGNMET ISSUE.. THIS IS EITHER LOOSE FRONT END STEERING GEAR PARTS,SUCH AS BALL JOINTS,TIES ROD ENDS ETC. HOWEVER THE MOST COMMON PROBLEM IS [WHEEL BALANCE],IF YOU CAN DRIVE FASTER OR SLOWER AND THE SHAKE STOPS OR LESSONS IT IS A TIRE BALANCE PROBLEM. ALIGNMENT ISSUES WILL ONLY CAUSE A CAR TO PULL LEFT OR RIGHT,OVER OR UNDER STEER, TIRE WEAR, TOUCHY STEERING,DARTING AND STEERING WHEEL BEING OFF CENTERED..HOPE THIS HELPS YOU GOOD LUCK,,TOM....

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS