Chevrolet Repair/chevy van

Question
QUESTION: HI I HAVE A  2001 CHEVY EXPRESS VAN  6 CYL AUTO 155K MILES ENGINE LIGHT ON SINCE I BOUGHT IT  RECENTLY PURCHASED IT    CHANGED BATTERY A MONTH AND A HALF AGO   USED VAN EVERY DAY FOR 2 WEEKS    DIDNT USE FOR 2 DAYS  AND WOULD JUST CRANK OVER WOULDNT START   TRIED HOURS LATER SAME RESULT   LATE THAT NITE STARTED  LIKE THERE WAS NEVER ANYTHING WRONG    DROVE IT AGAIN FOR A MONTH RAN PERFECT  DIDNT USE IT FOR 1 DAY   THIS MORNING SAME   PROBLEM WONT START   ILL TRY AGAIN TONITE   ANY IDEA THANKS AGAIN

ANSWER: HI RUSS,WELL RUSS, WHAT YOU NEED TO DO WHEN THIS HAPPENS,IS CK FOR FUEL AND IGNITION. ONE WILL NOT BE PRESENT..DO YOU KNOW HOW TO CK FOR THE ABOVE THINGS. IF NOT LET ME KNOW,  GET BACK TO ME ON WHAT YOU FIND..FOR A QUICK CK, GET SOME STARTING FLUID AND SPRAY SOME DOWN THE INTAKE RUNNER IN FRONT OF THE AIR CLEANER WHILE SOMEBODY CRANKS THE ENG OVER, IF IT STARTS LIKE THIS YOU KNOW IT IS A FUEL PROBLEM..THIS IS JUST FOR A TEST DO NOT KEEP DOING THIS...LET ME KNOW, TOM..

QUESTION: TESTED FOR SPARK  AT ONE PLUG ON DIST CAP WAS PRESENT  TRIED STARTER FLUID IN INTAKE STILL WONT START

Answer
HI RUSS,OK IF YOU ARE SURE WE HAVE GOOD SPARK NICE AND BLUE ??? TAKE THE DOG HOUSE OFF THE ENG AND AIR CLEANER AND PUSH DOWN ON THE SHRADER VALVE ON THE MAIN FUEL LINE GOING TO THE INTAKE WHILE YOU CRANK THE ENG OVER SEE IF THERE IS ANY FUEL FROM THIS VALVE, WILL LOOK LIKE A TIRE VALVE STEM CAP..YOU WANT TO SEE FUEL COME OUT OF THIS CK VALVE PORT THE ENTIRE TIME YOU CRANK THIS OVER NOT JUST INTIALLY. THE ENTIRE TIME. IF THERE IS FUEL, THE FUEL THE PUMP IS GOOD. IF NO FUEL, PUMP OR WIRING IS BAD. I SUSPECT LOW FUEL PRESSURE..I THINK YOU DID NOT GET ENOUGH STARTING FLUID INTO THE ENG WHILE CRANKING IT..LET ME KNOW,,TOM.

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS