Chevrolet Repair/fuel pumps

Question
Can you replace an interior tank pump with an exterior inline pump anwd if so the make and model number for a 1989 chevy 4/4 /350/tbi
i

Answer
HI GLEN,THE PROBELM WITH A OUTSIDE MOUNTED PUMP IS THAT THERE IS NOT ENOUGH FLOW TO THE PUMP TO MAKE THE PUMP WORK WELL ENOUGH. FORD HAD THIS A WHILE AGO BUT THEY NEEDED 2 FUEL PUMPS CALLED A PUSHER PUMP IN THE TANK,WHICH FED THE STEP UP PUMP TO PRESSURERIZE THE FUEL RAIL. THIS WAS NOT A GOOD IDEA AT ALL...IF YOU COULD GET ENOUGH FUEL FROM THE TANK TO SUPPLY THE FRAME MOUNTED PUMP THIS WOULD WORK OK..THE QUESTION IS HOW DO YOU SUPPLY THE PUMP WITH THE KIND OF FUEL SUPPLY YOU NEED ???? SO  I WILL ASSUME THE PUMP IN YOUR TANK WENT BAD..ARE THINGS RUSTY ??? DONT LAUGH AT THIS,BUT WE HAVE HAD MANY CUSTOMERS TELL US TO CUT THE AREA IN THE BED THAT IS ABOVE THE FUEL PUMP OUT OF THE WAY TO GET AT THE FUEL PUMP..THIS WAY YOU WILL NOT NEED TO DROP THE TANK AND WORRY ABOUT BREAKING LINES AND HAVING THE TANK LEAK. IT DOES WORK...COB JOB !!! THE NEXT MOVE  IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE ABOVE IS TO REMOVE THE TANK..LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED MORE INFO..GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,,TOM  

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS