Chevrolet Repair/Poorly Gas Efficiency

Question
Hi Tom.

My name is Ernesto and I have a 1995 Chevrolet Blazer s-10 i have a problem with Gas consumption my engine is Vortec 4.3 V6 4WD also sometime the engine hesitates and then goes back to normal by itself but i do get black smoke to come out when i speed up or step on the pedal for the passing gear to engage also feels when I stop like the engine doesn't pick up power until I step on the gas a little bit more than usual....is there any guidance to correct this issue..

Thanks Ernesto.

Answer
GOOD MORNING ERNESTO,WELL THIS WILL BE HARD TO ANSWER BECAUSE IT COULD BE A FEW THINGS CAUSING THIS. IF YOU TOOK THIS TO A SHOP THEY COULD SCAN THIS AND GET LIVE DATA FROM THE COMPUTER TO SEE IF SOMTHING IS OUT OF SORTS,SUCH AS MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR OR MAP SENSOR, OR BAD OXYGEN SENSORS COULD CAN THIS AS WELL. THE ONLY WAY THE ENG KNOWS HOW MUCH FUEL TO BRING INTO THE SYSTEM IS READING THE O2 SENSORS. SO IF A SENSOR THINKS THE ENG IS RUNNING LEAN IT WILL TRY TO PUT MORE FUEL DOWN INTO IT. LAST IS A FAULTY COOLANT TEMP SENSOR,THE COOLANT TEMP SENSOR MAY THINK IT IS REAL COLD OUT WHICH WOULD WANT MORE FUEL,THIS WILL ALSO CAUSE BAD FUEL MIL. ONE LAST THOUGHT, A PLUGGED AIR FILTER WILL DO THIS FOR SURE,CK THIS FIRST.... SO YOU SEE THIS IS A HARD QUESTION TO ANSWER OVER THE NET..HAVE IT SCANNED AND I THINK THEY WILL COME UP WITH THE PROBLEM...GOOD LUCK AND IF YOU NEED MORE INFO LET ME KNOW,,,TOM.

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS