Chevrolet Repair/2006 Equinox leaks

Question
I own a 2006 Equinox.  It took some getting used to, but for the most part we've made friends over the last year.  I have one issue that I must remedy to be at peace.  

I have a leak into the cabin getting my carpet wet.

The cooling system is not leaking.  The washers aren't leaking.  The liquid has no smell or viscosity.

It appears that it may be coming from under the dash, and then following the floor to the lowest point.  I have a cabin air filter and it's housing has what looks like it might have been at one time, a gasket.  It appears to be smashed flat from whatever and I'm wondering since it's at the base of the windshield if that could be the culprit.  The filter isn't wet, but we have had 12 days without rain and still I'm getting water.  Thinking the condensation off the windshield in the morning.

Have you heard anything about this or maybe give me a clue of where else if leaking is something this vehicle does.

Answer
HI JIM,,,WELL 99.9 % OF THE TIME WATER GETTING INTO THE CAR IS USUALLY FROM THE FRONT WINDOW SEAL GOING BAD...THE CABIN AIR FILTER GASKET WOULD NOT CAUSE THIS...WHEN YOU SAY IT HAS NOT RAINED THERE WHERE YOU ARE.. ARE YOU USING THE A/C SYSTEM ?? IF YOU ARE THEN I WILL BET THE EVAPORATOR DRAIN IS PLUGGED ALLOWING THE WATER IN THE EVAPORATOR HOSING TO FILL WITH WATER AND LEAK ON TO YOUR [PASS SIDE FLOOR.]VERY COMMON.. TO DRAIN THIS YOU WILL NEED TO GET THE CAR ON A LIFT AND BLOW AIR INTO THE DRAIN ON THE FIREWALL TO RELEASE THE WATER.. LEAVES GET INTO THIS HOUSING FROM THE FRONT WINDOW AREA AND PLUG THE DRAIN..SO IF THE PASS SIDE FLOOR IS WET I BET THIS IS YOUR PROBLEM..IF IT IS THE DRIVERS SIDE THEN I WOULD THINK THE FRONT WINDOW NEEDS TO BE RESEALED.. IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN RUNNING THE A/C SYSTEM IN THE PAST FEW DAYS I WOULD NOT THINK THE CONDENSATION IN THE AM WOULD CAUSE THIS. YOU COULD PUT A GARDEN HOSE ON THE WINDOW TO CK TO SEE IF WATER GETS IN LIKE THIS..IF THIS IS THE CASE TAKE IT TO A WINDOW OR COLLISION SHOP TO HAVE THEM RESEAL IT..I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,TOM....

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS