Chevrolet Repair/blowing fuse

Question
I have an 09 chevy express 2500. Every time you put it in reverse it blows the fuse for reverse lights. Had a backup camera wired up to reverse lights but removed because I thought that was the problem but it wasn't. Thanks for any help

Answer
HI JASON,,THE FIRST THING I WOULD DO IS REMOVE BOTH REVERSE LIGHT BULBS..TRY IT LIKE THIS SEE IT IS BLOWS THE FUSE..IF NOT,, PUT ONE BULB BACK IN AT A TIME AND TRY IT LIKE THIS..I HAVE SEEN SHORTED BULBS CAUSE THIS..BUT IT IS RARE, BUT LETS RULE IT OUT...IF IT STILL BLOWS THE FUSE WITH THE BULBS OUT I WOULD GO TO WHERE YOU WIRED IN YOUR CAMERA,CK ALL THE CONNECTIONS BEFORE AND AFTER IT,MAKE SURE THERE IS NO LIVE WIRES HITTING A GROUND SOMEWHERE...IF YOU ARE SURE THIS CONNECTION IS ALL OK,UNPLUG THE MAIN LIGHT HARNESS GOING TO THE REAR,,SHOULD BE UNDER THE VAN OR INSIDE THE VAN ON THE DRIVERS SIDE,JUST FOLLOW THE HARNESS FROM THE LIGHT FORWARD AND YOU WILL FIND THE MAIN BULK HEAD PLUG..UNPLUG IT..PUT IT IN REVERSE LIKE THIS IF THE FUSE DOES NOT BLOW THEN THERE HAS TO BE A OPENED POWER WIRE TO GROUND FROM THIS PLUG BACK TO THE LIGHTS SOMEWHERE. CK REAL CAREFUL..IF FUSE STILL CONTINUES TO BLOW WITH THIS UNPLUGGED START SEARCHING FORWARD OF THAT THIS WILL LEAD YOU TO THE [NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH/REVERSE LIGHT SWITCH/COMBO]..I HAVE ONLY HAD A NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH SHORT OUT ON ME ONCE IN 35 YEARS...VERY RARE.I THINK YOU WILL FIND A BREAK IN THE WIRING. LET ME KNOW HOW THIS GOES AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,TOM.....  

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS