Chevrolet Repair/chevy truck not starting

Question
I have a 1997 Silverado that quit while driving. The fuel pump is working and I replaced the crank and cam sensors, still would not start. Finally found that the coil wire was damaged and spitting sparks outside the wire. Replaced the wire but truck still will not start. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks....

Answer
HI GENE, IF YOU REPLACED THE CAM SENSOR YOU ALSO REPLACED THE DISTRIBUTOR ?? YOU CAN NOT REPLACE THE CAM SENSOR BY ITSELF.THIS IS A COMPLETE UNIT....DID YOU DO THIS...BUT WHAT EVER,IF YOU HAVE SPARK GOING INTO THE CAP AND NOTHING COMING OUT OF THE CAP. I WOULD THINK THE CAP IS FAULTY. CRACKED OR WHAT EVER,,OR THE OTHER POSSIBLE PROBLEM IS THE PLUGS ARE GAS FOWLED FROM TRYING TO START THIS WITH NO SPARK...CK THEM AS WELL. BUT CK TO SEE IF THERE IS SPARK TO THE PLUGS. GET BACK TO ME..GOOD LUCK AND LET ME KNOW TOM...

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS