Chevrolet Repair/talegate window problem

Question
I have a 1990 Chevy Blazer 5.7 ltr V-8. I was raising the rear tailgate window and when I looked in my rear view mirror, I noticed that the window was crooked. About halfway up, the window jammed and and the window motor stopped. I got out of the vehicle and inspected the window and tried  manually to move the window. The high side seems stuck and won't move much but the low side I can pull it up (seems very loose) but it will not even out with the high side and will not stay in place ( keeps falling back down ). What do you think happened and what do I have to do to fix the problem? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Answer
HI CRAIG,,YOU WILL NEED TO REMOVE THE TAIL GATE INNER DOOR PANEL..ONE OF TWO THINGS WENT WRONG, THE WINDOW GUIDE RAIL OR MOUNT ON THE SIDES HAS BROKEN CAUSING WINDOW TO COCK,OR THE WINDOW REGULATOR CABLE IS BROKEN OR VERY LOOSE GETTING READY TO FAIL....THIS IS WHAT MOVES THE WINDOW UP AND DOWN IN ITS TRACK. IF ONE SIDE OF THE CABLE GETS LOOSE THIS WILL COCK THE WINDOW..ONE LAST THING THAT MAY CAUSE THIS IF THE WINDOW MOUNTING BOLT ON THE BOTTOM OF THE WINDOW HAS BROKEN OR LOOSENED UP THIS MAY ALSO COCK THE WINDOW IN ITS TRACK...ONCE THE DOOR PANEL IS REMOVED TAKE A LOOK AT HOW THINGS ARE MOUNTED AND YOU SHOULD SEE WHAT IS GOING ON. IF YOU SEE ANY LOOSE CABLES THIS MEANS THE REGULATOR WILL NEED TO BE REPLACED...HOPE THIS HELPS YOU AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,TOM..

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS