Chevrolet Repair/1996 chevy astro

Question
Vehicle just looses total power when driving,now vehicle won't start, turns over,has fuel at carb,checked distributer, some corrosion, cleaned, now have ark showing up at what I call the coil where the plug wire connects, so would it be the coil, the distributer or the plug wire? The reason I believe it won't start is no fire, just not trying to buy it all. Thanks

Answer
GOOD MORN PHIL,,IF YOU ARE SURE THIS HAS FUEL THEN COULD YOU PULL A IGN WIRE OF THE SPARK PLUG AND INSERT A SCREW DRIVER IN THE END OF THE WIRE AND LAY THE SCREW DRIVER 1/4" AWAY FROM ANY METAL PART OF THE ENGINE,NOW CRANK THE ENGINE OVER AND SEE IF YOU SEE A SPARK JUMPING FROM THE SCREW DRIVER TO THE METAL..IF YOU DO, THEN YOU HAVE IGNITION. IF NOT PULL THE COIL WIRE OFF AT THE DIST CAP AND DO THE SAME THING WITH THIS AS YOU DID THE SPARK PLUG WIRE..IF THERE IS SPARK GOING INTO THE DIST CAP AND NOT COMING OUT OF IT THE DISTRIBUTOR CAP IS BAD OR ROTOR IS GROUNDING OUT ON THE DIST SHAFT CAUSING A NO SPARK CONITION..IF NO SPARK FROM THE COIL YOU MAY HAVE A BAD [PICK-UP COIL, MODULE MOUNTED INSIDE THE DISTRIBUTOR] OR COIL ITSELF.[[BUT IF YOU DO HAVE SPARK AT THE PLUGS,MORE THEN LIKELY THE PLUGS ARE BAD,WEAK COIL AND BAD SPARK PLUG WIRES....LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU FIND AND WE WILL GO FROM THERE IF NEED BE..GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,TOM...

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS