Chevrolet Repair/2006 chevy cobalt

Question
My son's cobalt fan motor only works on first three settings. High doesn't work at all. We replaced the blower motor resistor but that didn't fix the problem. Any other suggestions before I sink money into a new motor?

Answer
GOOD MORN TESS, THE RESISOR WILL NOT CAUSE THIS. IT WOULD ONLY EFFECT LOWER SPEEDS. HIGH SPEED THE RESISTOR IS NOT USED.. HAVE YOU CHECKED THE PLUG HARNESS GOING INTO THE RESISTOR ?? MAKE SURE THE CONNECTIONS ARE ALL OK AND NOT BURNED UP. WE HAVE FOUND MANY FAULTY CONNECTIONS AT THIS POINT ..IF THEY ARE BAD GET A NEW PLUG AT THE CHEVY DEALER. THE OTHER POSSIBLE CAUSE COULD BE A BAD SWITCH ITSELF OR IN SOME CASES THE HVAC MODULE CONTROLLER MAYBE BAD. [UNDER CENTER OF DASH.RIGHT OF MAIN SWITCH]..THIS CAN BE CHECKED WITH A GM SCAN TOOL.. THE SCAN TOOL CAN REQUEST THE FAN MOTOR TO TURN ON AND AT WHAT SPEED. SO IF IT IS NOT RESPONDING AS IT SHOULD THEN YOU KNOW THAT THE MODULE IS TO BLAME..YOUR LOCAL SHOP MAY HAVE A GM SCAN TOOL OR A GOOD SCAN TOOL WITH GM SOFT WARE TO CK THIS IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO TAKE IT TO YOUR DEALR..HOPE THIS HELPS YOU AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,TOM........

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS