Chevrolet Repair/2013 Chevy Spark Transmission

Question
I have a 2013 Chevy Spark automatic. When I got off of work at 8:00 AM. I started my car and noticed a rough idle. When I put my car in drive, the check engine light came on. I drove about a block the check engine light went out but the transmission would not shift. It would stay in low gear. At a stop light it hesitated then it took off in low gear. What could be wrong with the car

Answer
HI HARRY, THE FIRST THING I WOULD DO IS GET THIS TO A SHOP ON FRIDAY AND HAVE THEM DO A SCAN TEST ON THE COMPUTER. IF THE CK ENG LIGHT WAS ON THERE IS STILL A CODE IN THE SYSTEM THAT WILL TELL THE TECHS WHAT THE PROBLEM IS OR WAS....BEING THAT THE TRANS WOULD NOT SHIFT COULD HAVE A PROBELM WITH THE SPEED SENSOR.. NOT KNOWING HOW FAST THE CAR IS GOING THE COMPUTER CAN NOT TELL IT HOW TO SHIFT. JUST A GUESS. AS FAR AS THE ROUGH IDLE GOES THIS WILL NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE SHIFTING PROBLEM..BUT READING THE CODES WILL TELL ALL... THIS CAR SHOULD BE UNDER FACTORY WARRANTY..MAY WANT TO TAKE IT TO THE DEALER FOR FREE..HOPE THIS HELPS YOU AND GOOD LUCK..TOM.....

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS