Chevrolet Repair/Replacing front hub assembly

Question
Hi Tom, I believe my hub assembly (front) in my 2005 Chevy Uplander is going bad.  I am getting a low rumble sound from the right front. I changed one before in a 99 Venture, but was hoping that you could give me a refresher summary. If I remember correctly, I needed a rather large socket for disconnecting the lower strut? Anyway, whatever you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim

Answer
HI TIM,,JUST REMOVE THE BRAKE CALIPER AND ROTOR. NOW TURN THE WHEEL LEFT AND RIGHT TO GET AT THE 3 BOLTS BEHIND THE STEERING KNUCKLE AND THEN THE AXLE NUT TO REMOVE THE HUB FROM THE KNUCKLE. YOU DO NOT REMOVE THE LOWER STRUT ASSEMBLY...YOU MAY NEED TO POUND THE HUB OUT WITH A 700 LB SLUDGE HAMMER FROM THE KNUCKLE IF THESE CAR HAS SEEN SALT BECAUSE THEY REALLY CORRODE INTO IT..THE BOLTS ON THE BACK SIDE OF THE HUB ARE USUALLY 13MM SOME ARE 15MM HEADS..THE AXLE NUT IS USUALLLY 36 MM. MAKE SURE YOU TORQUE THIS DOWN TO THE CORRECT SPEC WHEN YOU PUT THE AXLE NUT BACK ON..THIS TORQUE SPEC IS IN THE BOX WITH THE NEW BEARING/HUB ASSEMBLY..GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,TOM

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS