Chevrolet Repair/Rough idle

Question
I had a question about my truck i just got two weeks ago from the dealer. Its a 2011 chevy silverado 5.3L crewcab z71 4x4 with 59,000 klm on it. At idle it is rough warm or cold. It seems to be worse when it is warm and it shakes the cab a bit and can be easly felt in the cab. I have looked it up and read some people saying its normal for that engine. My question is, is it normal? should i just leave it alone or should i take it back to the dealer?

Thank you for your time , brad

Answer
HI BRADLEY,,I WILL ASSURE YOU THIS IS NOT NORMAL, I HAVE BASICALLY THE SAME TRUCK AND MOST OF THE TIMES I DON'T EVEN KNOW IT IS RUNNING...I WOULD GET THE ENGINE ON A SCANNER AND CK FOR ANY PENDING SERVICE CODES THAT MAY BE IN THE COMPUTER..HAS THE CK ENG LIGHT EVER COME ON OR FLASHED... IF SO, THERE WILL FOR SURE BE A CODE IN THE PCM..[COMPUTER, SORRY]IF YOU NEVER SAW THE CK ENG LIGHT COME ON GET IT SCANNED ANYWAY THEY CAN CK FOR CROSS COUNTS MISFIRE DATA..THIS DATA WILL SHOW IF THERE IS A SKIP IN ANY ONE CYLINDER...THE WAY YOU ARE TALKING IT SOUNDS LIKE THERE IS A SLIGHT SKIP IN THE ENGINE AT IDLE...COULD BE FROM A FAULTY SPARK PLUG,IGNITION WIRE OR COIL AND LAST A BAD INJECTOR...SO TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION,YES I WOULD TAKE THIS BACK TO YOUR DEALER AND JUST TELL THEM WHAT YOU TOLD ME..IF THEY STILL SAY THAT THIS IS NORMAL,THEN ASK TO START ANOTHER TRUCK WITH A 5.3 UP AND SEE IF THAT SKIPS..THAT SHOULD TAKE CARE OF THINGS NICELY.
HOPE THIS HELPS YOU AND IF YOU NEED MORE INFO PLEASE LET ME KNOW...GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,TOM.

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS