Chevrolet Repair/2006 Chevy SSR ABS Light

Question
Hi my 2006 Chevy SSR keeps dinging with the ABS Light. It cones up intermittently. Here recently it keeps coming up more and more. I just replaced the underhood fuse block because the buss bar went bad in it. That is what the dealer said the cause was. It would cut off on its own while driving. It lost horsepower the loss of power and engine light came up. Could this new underhood fuse block be the cause of the ABS light. If not what could it be. What should I start to test to see what is going on. The truck only has 100,000 miles on it the next question is the brake fluid had never been bleed could that cause the abs light to come on. I am going to bleed it regardless but I was curious if that could cause the light to come on. The fluid is dirty anyways. Thanks.

Answer
HI SEAN, LONG TIME NO HEAR...THE FACT THAT YOUR BRAKE FLUID HAS NEVER BEEN FLUSHED WOULD HAVE NO CAUSE FOR THE ABS LIGHT TO COME ON..IT IS PROBABLY NOT A BAD IDEA TO FLUSH THE SYSTEM WITH AS MANY MILES AS YOU HAVE ON IT..THIS WILL KEEP THE CALIPERS AND WHEEL CYLINDER BORES CLEAN AND REMOVE ANY CONTAMINATION THAT IT MAY HAVE..THIS IS JUST A MAINTENANCE THING..AS FOR WHY THE ABS LIGHT IS GOING ON THIS SHOULD HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH REPLACING YOUR HD FUSE..WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO DO IS GET THIS SCANNED [I KNOW HOW MUCH YOU LIKE DOING THAT]AND CK FOR CODES IN THE ABS COMPUTER. MORE THEN LIKELY IT WILL BE A FAULT CODE FOR A WHEEL SPEED SENSOR...YOUR BRAKES WILL WORK NORMAL BUT WILL NOT ANTI-LOCK IF NEEDED..ONCE YOU FIND OUT WHAT CODE IT IS YOU WILL NEED TO PURCHASE A NEW WHEEL SPEED SENSOR..SOME SENSORS ARE BUILT INTO THE WHEEL BEARING HUB ASSEMBLY. THESE CAN GET PRICEY. IF IT IS NOT A WHEEL SPEED SENSOR FAULT IT MAYBE WIRING PROBLEMS OR THE ABS UNIT ITSELF. THESE ARE BIG $$$$. HOPE THIS WORKS OUT FOR YOU AND HAVE A HAPPY HOLIDAY. GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,TOM..

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS