Chevrolet Repair/Air conditioning

Question
Hi you are my last resort. Maybe you can shed some light on the situation. On my dads 2006 Chevy SSR. It is having problems with the a/c. When you start it it makes a loud noise. When you turn it off it stop immediately. Almost like it locks up. So we disconnected the sensor to bypasss it. It did not work. We drove it it was still make noise because the compressor did not many to turn. So we got back and since it runs on it. Own belt we cut it off. So we now have no a/c in this truck. My dad found two long bolts on the ground from the tuck. I believe this is off the a/c. My question is how can I tell if the compressor is seized or if the clutch is bad or if the bearing is bad. Thanks.

Answer
HI SEAN,IF THE OUTSIDE PULLEY SPINS AND TURNS FREELY THE CLUCH AND PULLEY ASSEMBLY ARE OK..MAKE SURE IT SPIN TRUE AND NOT WOBBLEY.IF SO THE CLUTCH AND HUB  BEARING ARE BAD...TO CK TO SEE IF THE A/C COMPRESSOR IS LOCKED UP GRAB THE CENTER PORTION OF THE HUB AND YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO TURN THIS WITH SOME RESISTANCE..IF THERE IS A LOT OF RESISTANCE OR YOU CAN NOT TURN IT AT ALL THHE COMPRESSOR IS LOCKED UP.THE 2 LONG BOLTS COULD BE FROM THE COMPRESSOR,LOOK AT THE HOLD DOWN BOLTS AND SEE IF THEY ARE MISSING....HOPE THIS HELPS,IF NOT GET BACK TO ME..GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,TOM

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS