Chevrolet Repair/Engine

Question
I have a 1992 Chevy Silverado truck with a 5.7 engine. I have a brand new engine still wraped up that I want to install but its made for a truck with a carburator. I want to convert the engine to fuel injection like my current engine has. My engine is at a shop right now. They want to charge me $1700 for the install & to add the fule injection kit. Is this a good price?

Answer
HI MICKEY,I THINK ITS A LITTLE ON THE HIGH SIDE,BUT NO REAL FAR OFF.IF THE ENG IS OUT OF YOUR TRUCK AND THEY JUST HAVE TO INSTALL THE NEW ENG AND FUEL INJ KIT, WE WOULD PRICE THAT OUT AROUND $1300 TO 1400, IF THIS IS THE LONG BLOCK.HEADS AND ALL ON IT.. I WOULD SHOP AROUND AND SEE WHAT OTHER SHOPS WILL DO IT FOR..KEEP IN MIND YOU HAVE TO TRUST THESE PEOPLE..THIS IS YOUR TRUCK THEY ARE PLAYING WITH..I WOULD CALL AROUND TO SHOPS THAT HAVE A GOOD PAST WITH CUSTOMERS...HOPE THIS HELPS YOU AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU...TOM

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS