Chevrolet Repair/No heat in my 94' Pickup

Question
QUESTION: Hello, I have a 94' Chevy 1500 4.3l V6 with NO HEAT!! I have tried everything from replacing the thermostat, blower motor, and blend door actuator. I have also flushed both the radiator and heater core, still to no avail. I am beginning to thing I am out of options. Any advice would help.

ANSWER: HI JON, WELL LETS START FROM THE BEGINNING..WHEN YOU LET THE ENGINE WARM UP,DOES IT GET UP TO OPERATING TEMP ????SAY AROUND 195 DEGREES. YOU DO NOT HAVE A LOW T-STAT IN THERE DO YOU ??? SO IF IT IS 195 DEGREES, I WOULD LIKE YOU TO CK THE HEATER HOSES...IF BOTH ARE HOT AS SAY THE RAD HOSES WE KNOW THERE IS NO BLOCKAGE IN THE HEATER CORE..SO THE PROBLEM IS THE HEATER DOOR ITSELF IT IS NOT OPENING TO ALLOW THE AIR FROM THE CORE OUT INTO THE CABIN..SO CK THE UNDER DASH WORKS..BUT LETS SAY THAT ONLY ONE HOSE IS HOT FROM THE CORE AND THE OTHER IS COOL..THEN THERE IS A BOCKAGE IN THE HEATER CORE..FLUSH IT AGAIN. WHEN I FLUSH A HEATER CORE I USE A GARDEN HOSE WITH A THIN NOZZLE WITH BOTH HOSES REMOVED FROM THE ENGINE I TURN THE GARDEN HOSE ON FULL BLAST AND DO THIS WITH BOTH HOSES,, BACK FLUSH. SOME OF THESE TRUCKS HAD A HEATER CONTROL VALVE IN THE HEATER HOSES .DOES YOURS? IF SO CK AND MAKE SURE BOTH HOSES COMING OUT OF IT ARE BOTH HOT, IF NOT THE VALVE IS BAD...THIS SHOULD NOT BE A REAL PROBLEM GETTING YOU SOME HEAT..MAKE SURE THE COOLANT IN THE RADIATOR IS GOOD AND FULL,, DRIVE IT AND MAKE SURE THERE IS NO AIR IN THE HEATER CORE. IT MAY TAKE A FEW MILES TO BLEED OUT..SO CK THE ABOVE OUT AND GET BACK TO ME ON WHAT YOU FIND..GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,TOM...

QUESTION: I let the engine idle for about 20 minutes. It gets up to tnormal operating temp; however, NEITHER of the heater hoses are hot or even getting warm. Now what?

Answer
HI JON,,COULD DRIVE THIS FOR LIKE 20 MORE MINUTES AND THEN CK THE STAT MAKE SURE IT IS NOT STUCK OPEN...THIS IS WHY YOU HAVE NO HEAT. THE ENGINE SHOULD BE GETTING UP TO OPERATING TEMP LIKE 195 DEGREES...[IF] THE ENGINE IS GETTING FULLY WARM UP BUT THE HEATER HOSES ARE NOT HOT. SOMETHING IS BLOCKED LEADING TO THE HEATER HOSES...THE HEATER HOSES HAVE TO GET HOT BEFORE YOU CAN GET HEAT IN THE CAR.THIS MAY NEED TO BE FLUSHED AGAIN ..ALSO DO YOU KNOW WHAT DEGREES STAT YOU PUT IN. SHOULD HAVE A 195 DEGREE..SO IF IT IS A 160 DEGREE STAT YOU WILL NOT EVER GET THIS ARMED UP..LET ME KNOW HOW THIS GOES,,GOOD LUCK TO YOU,TOM...

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS