Chevrolet Repair/no spark

Question
QUESTION: i have a 95 k1500 that has no spark. i have replaced distibutor cleaned the grounds. its getting fuel but no spark

ANSWER: HI JERIMIAH, DID THIS DIST COME WITH THE MODULE AND PICK UP COIL IN IT ALREADY ??? IF SO HAVE YOU CHECKED FOR POWER GETTING TO THE COIL IN FRONT OF THE DIST ?? IS THE DIST CAP AND ROTOR NEW.. CK FOR FLASHING UNDER THE ROTOR ITSELF.  SOMETIMES THEY SHORT OUT AND GROUND TO THE DIST SHAFT. HAVE YOU CHECKED THE FUSE IN THE TRUCK FOR IGNITION SYSTEM ?? SOME JUST HAVE A IGN FUSE AND SOME HAVE IGN/FUEL. SO IF YOURS IS LIKE THIS THE FUSE IS OK BECAUSE YOU SAY YOU HAVE FUEL.. IF YOU CAN GIVE MORE MORE INFO THIS WOULD HELP OUT BIT MORE..LET ME KNOW,,,TOM.

QUESTION: thanks, yes it came with a module and pickup installed. and yea it has I've coil cap and rotor are new. have checked the fuse.i found a ground loose on it. i reattached it and it ran one time. i shut it down to set timing. i disconnected the brown pcm wire to set timing. i used a light i set it then shut it back down. reconnected wire, no spark. i tried to disconnect wire still no help. when i found the ground that i mentioned. when i reconnected it the gauges started working also(gauges still work).

ANSWER: HI JERIMIAH,THAT GROUND IS MORE THEN LIKELY FOR THE GAUGE CLUSTER. OK CAN YOU CK FOR BATTERY VOLTAGE TO THE DIST AND COIL..IS IT THERE ??? I HAVE HAD MANY BAD IGN SWITCHES ON THESE TRUCKS GO BAD...ALSO TRY TO WIGGLE THE IGN SWITCH AS YOU TRY AND START THIS..IF IT STARTS I BET THE SWITCH IS BAD..BUT IF ALL ELSE FAILS GET A VOLT METER AND CK FOR POWER TO THE COIL AND DIST HARNESS...IT WOULD BE HARD TO BELIEVE THAT THE MODULE HAS FAILED IN THE NEW DIST...THIS COULD ALSO JUST HAVE FAULTY IGN COIL. SO CK FOR POWER AT THE COIL AND THEN CK FOR PULSE ON THE OTHER COIL WIRE AS YOU CRANK THIS OVER, IF THERE IS PULSE FROM THE PICK-UP COIL TO THE COIL THE COIL IS BAD.NO SPARK....LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU FIND AND WE WILL GO FROM THERE..GOOD LUCK,,,TOM...

QUESTION: I will try these. I have heavy rain today so maybe tomorrow. How would I check for bad switch? Will let you know how it goes thanks so much

Answer
HI J,YES WAIT TILL IT STOPS RAINING.NO ONE WANTS TO GET SOAKED....YOU CAN HAVE SOMEONE TURN THE KEY TO ON OR CRANK WHILE YOU CK FOR POWER AT THE DIST FEED WIRE OR USE A TEST LIGHT. BUT USING A TEST LIGHT MAY FOOL YOU BECAUSE IF THE POWER IS LOW YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TELL..VOLT METER IS BEST...OR IF YOU JUST WANT TO RUN A 12 VOLT JUMPER TO THE DIST FEED WIRE AND SEE IF IT STARTS,IF SO YOU NO THERE IS A VOLTAGE PROBLEM TO THE DIST..GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,TOM

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS