Chevrolet Repair/1990 chevy silverado pick up

Question
I have a wiring issue. center bulb on both taillight assys burns bright and hot with or without the parking or headlamp lights on. they burn out and smoke within minutes of install. upper and lower bulbs work fine. where in harness is the best place to  begin troubleshoot? I just bought the truck. battery was dead and looks like alternator has been replaced. under hood wiring looks good. Battery has been replaced. has sat for a week without being started or driven and battery is still good. so I believe there is no draw on circuit. Brake pedal switch? sensor in master cylinder reservoir? everything else works correctly except the wipers which will run in the wash setting and stop in the middle of the window without parking.
thanks

Answer
GOOD MORNG CHRIS,THIS IS VERY STRANGE,BECAUSE A LIGHT BULB IS MENT TO HAVE BATTERY VOLTAGE TO LIGHT. THE ONLY WAY THIS BULB COULD BURN OUT LIKE THIS IS DEFECTIVE BULB OR WRONG VOLTAGE BULB.
WHAT DOES THIS BULB RUN PARKING LIGHTS ONLY OR BRAKE OR BOTH ??? DOES THE BRAKE LIGHT WORK WHEN BRAKE PEDAL IS DEPRESSED ?? THE FACT THAT THE BULBS BURN BRIGHT LIKE THIS TELLS ME THAT THE WRONG BULB IS IN THE PLACE OF THIS SOCKET,SUCH AS MAYBE THIS BULB SHOULD ONLY BE FOR PARKING LIGHTS ONLY AND YOU GOT A 2 FILIMENT BULB IN THE SOCKET..HOW MANY CONTACTS ARE IN THE SOCKET,IF THERE ARE 2 THEN THERE SHOULD BE A 2 FILIMENT BULB,IF ONLY ONE THERE SHOULD BE A 1 FILIMENT BULB..[[[BUT]]] THE BULB SHOULD NOT BLOW OUT NO WAY..THE ONLY WAY THIS BULB COULD BLOW OUT LIKE THIS IS AS I SAID ABOVE OR THE BATTERY IS PUTTING OUT 18 OR MORE VOLTS,,HOW COULD THAT BE ??? IF OTHER BULBS WERE GOING BAD I WOULD SAY THE ALTERNATOR IS OVERCHARGING..AS FAR AS THE WIPER PROBLEM THIS SOUNDS LIKE A BAD SWITCH... GET BACK TO ME ON THIS BULB PROBLEM OR IF YOU HAVE MORE INFO...THIS IS GOO,,,,.TOM..

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS