Chevrolet Repair/1994 chevy full size blazer with 6.5l turbo desil 4 wheel drive problem

Question
QUESTION: Bout 94 blazer off a guy. It sat for 3 years in is yard. Bought drove 600 miles no problems. Changed oil in rear end and front dif. Drove around dirt road in four wheel drive to get lubed back up worked great. But now I  can go from 4h to 4L an it is tight and works great. But when taking it out and putting it into two wheel and driving it. U can hear it grinding every so often. Does fine if driving slow gas it and it grinds a Little like its trying to kick in or it's not all the way out. Changed the actuator and no luck still does it. But still can stop put into 4h and works fine. Fuse are good everything shows to be working write.

ANSWER: HI ALLEN, GM HAD 2 STYLES OF 4WD ELECTRIC AND FLOOR MOUNTED SHIFT TRANSFER CASE. IF I AM READING THIS CORRECT IT SOUNDS LIKE THE AXLES ARE NOT DISENGAGING FULLY, SUCH AS THE COLLAR THAT IS IN THE FRONT AXLE ASSEMBLY IS NOT PULLING OUT OUT THE WAY TO RELEASE THE AXLES FROM EACH OTHER..POSSIBLE CAUSE IS THAT IT HAS TARNISH ON IT SO THE COLLAR WILL NOT MOVE SMOOTHLY.
TRY OVING IT FROM 4 WHD AND 2 WHD DRIVE 5 TO 6 TIMES AND SEE IF THIS IMPROVES IF SO YOU ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK. IF NO BETTER YOU WILL NEED TO TAKE THE ACTUATOR OUT AND MANUALLY FREE THIS COLLAR UP ON THE SHAFT SO IT MOVES FREELY....LET ME KNOW HOW THIS GOES..GOOD LUCK TOM..

QUESTION: It is the floor shift. Will take actuator out and test while plugged in to make sure it is kicking out. If it does how would I free up the inside collar. If not working right should I try a new actuator cause the one I put in was used but just barley. So if collar is good an new actuator not kicking out. I guess I should turn to the indicator switch? The switch on the transfer case that tell actuator to work.

Answer
HI ALLEN,YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO FEEL THE ACTUATOR WORKING ON THE FRONT AXLE WHEN SOMEONE INSIDE IS MOVING THE LEVER. THE ONLY WAY THE SWITCH WOULD BE BAD IS THAT IT WOULD NEVER SEND A SIGNAL TO THE ACTUATOR..I DID NOT KNOW THAT YOU USED A USED ACTUATOR..ONCE IT IS OUT LOOK AT THE COLLAR AND MAKE SURE IT MOVES FREELY ON THE AXLES..IF NOT SPARY SOME CLEANER ON THE MOVING PARTS TO TRY AND CLEAN IT OFF AS BEST AS POSSIBLE..I WOULD ALSO THINK THE MORE IT IS USED IT WILL GET BETTER AND BETTER...LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,TOM

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS