Chevrolet Repair/2004 impala

Question
QUESTION: My 2004 impala spits n sputters when you press the gas and also the lights and heater work with the gas pedal. The lights brighten when gas is pushed and dim.when not. Heater blows harder wjen gas pushed.

ANSWER: HI HEATER,WELL THE LIGHTS WILL GET BRIGHTER AND THE HEATER FAN WILL INCREASE IN SPEED WHEN YOU GIVE IT GAS..REASON IS BECAUSE THE ALTERNATOR IS CHARGING AT A HIGHER RATE WHEN THE THROTTLE IS PRESSED BECAUSE THE ALTERNATOR SPINS FASTER WHICH WILL PUT OUT MORE AMPS..IF IT IS [REALLY SEVERE] THE BATTERY OR ALTERNATOR MAYBE GETTING WEAK. THE ALTERNATOR MAYBE GOING INTO A DISCHARGE STATE AT IDLE BECAUSE OF A FAULTY ALT OR BATTERY.. MAY WANT TO HAVE THAT CHECKED AT A SHOP. BUT THIS IS FAIRLY NORMAL.. AS FAR AS THE ENGINE RUNNING BAD THIS COULD BE FROM A FEW THINGS,LACK OF FUEL,BAD MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR,BAD INJECTORS OR SPARK PLUGS..THE BEST THING TO DO IN A CASE LIKE THIS WOULD BE TO GET THIS CAR SCANNED AT A SHOP TO SEE IF THERE ARE ANY CODES IN THE PCM [COMPUTER] IF THERE IS A CODE THIS WILL GET YOU IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION OR YOU CAN GET BACK TO ME ON WHAT THE CODE IS..THIS IS TO VAGUE TO GO ON..THIS WILL NEED SOME DIAGNOSTIC TIME TO FIGURE OUT WHAT IS GOING ON..GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND GET BACK TO ME IF YOU WANT,,TOM..

QUESTION: So today on my way to work i heard a squeal and then the heater went cold.im going to run a codes test when i get home but does that help at all?

ANSWER: HI HEATHER, THE SQUEAL SOUNDS LIKE A LOOSE OR SLIPPING DRIVE BELT..WHICH ALSO RUNS THE ALTERNATOR AND EVERYTHING ELSE...CK THE DRIVE BELT FOR BEING TIGHT AND NOT ALL CRACKED.MAKE SURE THE TENSIONER IS KEEPING THE BELT GOOD AND TIGHT...AS FAR AS THE HEAT GOING AWAY THIS SOUNDS LIKE THE EGN IS LOW ON COOLANT OR THE BELT IS JUST SLIPPING SO BAD THAT THE COOLANT IS NOT CIRCULATING AS FAST AS IT SHOULD..ALSO MAKE SURE THE PULLEY'S ARE DRY AND NOT WET FROM A COOLANT LEAK OR OIL LEAK..LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES,, GOOD LUCK,,,TOM

QUESTION: Ok here are the codes i got....C1216,C1221,C1222,C1225,C1232,C1245,C1248
PO301,PO481....

Answer
HI HEATHER, I THOUGHT I ANSWERED THIS BEFORE ??? ALL THE C CODES ARE FROM A TRACTION CONTROL AND ABS PROBLEM.THE C 1216 AND C1226 IS A CODE FOR A FAULTY ABS SENSOR RF HUB.. BUT CK THE WIRING GOING TO THESE SENSORS [ALL THE SENSORS] BEFORE YOU REPLACE ANYTHING...THE PO301 IS FOR RANDOM CYLINDER MISFIRE,CAUSE COULD BE FROM BAD SPARK PLUGS,IGN COIL,FUEL INJ OR BAD IGN WIRES..MOST COMMON IS BAD IGN WIRES OR SPARK PLUGS..HAVE YOU TUNED THIS UP LATLEY ??IF NOT MAY WANT TO DO SO..PLUGS AND WIRES START WITH..THE PO 481 IS A FAN CIRCUIT CONTROL PROBLEM RELAY#2 NO HIGH SPEED FAN OPERATION, POSS CAUSES ARE BAD RELAY OR WIRING FAULTS..MAKE SURE BOTH FANS WORK WHEN THE A/C IS ON OR WHEN TEMP GETS UP TO 197 DEGREES, THAT BOTH FANS SHOULD START UP..SOUNDS LIKE JUST ONE IS RUNNING..THIS MAY CAUSE A OVERHEATING PROBLEM IN WARM WEATHER AND NOT VERY COLD A/C WHEN IT IS ON...THE PO 301 WILL CAUSE SOME OF YOUR PROBLEMS AS YOU SAID IN THE FIRST QUESTION [SPUTTERS]SKIPS AND LACK OF POWER !!! LET ME KNOW HOW THIS GOES,GOOD LUCK,,,TOM

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS