Chevrolet Repair/'79 chevy scottsdale k20 350 small block

Question
as the subject states, the reason I am on here is due to the fact that my truck will not start. I put a  GM one wire alternator on it, the next day I blew the fuse able link on the firewall next to the brake booster. I had a buddy tow it home, we (stupidly) removed all the gas from my tank so he would tow me home. Once we got it back to the house we begin to replace the fuse able link. it started to crank once again, now that we have done that it will crank over and over and over but will not fire. I am stumped on this, I have only owned foreign vehicles so I have no ideal what could, or is wrong with this thing. Any type of advice of help would be appreciated.

Answer
GOOD MORN ROBBIE, WELL FIRST THINGS FIRST,YOU NEED TO TELL ME IF THE ENG HAS SPARK AND FUEL WHEN TRYING TO START. REMOVE A SPARK PLUG WIRE AND PUT A SCREW DRIVER INSIDE THE WIRE AND HOLD IT ABOUT 1/4" AWAY FROM A METAL OBJECT HAVE SOMEONE CRANK THE ENG OVER AND SEE IF THERE IS ANY SPARK..IF SPARK IS THERE CK FOR FUEL GETTING INTO THE CARBURETOR,CRACK THE FUEL LINE GOING TO THE CARB AND SEE IF FUEL COMES OUT OF THIS LINE WHEN CRANKING. I DO NOT KNOW WHY YOU WOULD DRAIN THE TANK TO TOW IT HOME ???IF NO SPARK IS PRESENT YOU NEED TO CK THE BIG RED WIRE GOING TO THE DIST-CAP SHOULD HAVE 12 VOLTS WITH KEY ON..IF NOT CK FOR WIRING ISSUES POSS BAD FUSEABLE LINK DOWN AT THE STARTER.IF POWER HERE TO THIS POINT POSS IGNITION MODULE INSIDE THE DIST-CAP OR BAD PRIMARY COIL OR PICK UP COIL INSIDE THE DISTRIBUTOR AROUND THE SHAFT BY THE MODULE..ALSO CK FOR IGNITION FUSE, MAKE SURE IT IS GOOD. GET BACK TO ME ON WHAT YOU FIND. GOOD LUCK,,,TOM..

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS