Chevrolet Repair/85 Chevy s10 Durango

Question
QUESTION: Was driving and it just died checked it wasn't getting any spark but just playing it started up so drove it few days later it died again towed it home and it started up is it the coil or the module it's like sometimes it is getting spark and sometimes it's not. Computer maybe.

ANSWER: HI DON, USUALLY WITH A PROBLEM OF NO SPARK WHEN WARMED UP IT IS THE IGNITION MODULE. THE SECOND IS A BAD IGN COIL...THERE ARE TEST TO GO THROUGH TO CK TO SEE WHAT IS BAD BUT THESE PARTS ARE NOT TO EXPENSIVE TO BUY. BUT BEFORE YOU REPALCE ANYTHING DO THE WIGGLE TEST ON THE IGN WIRING HARNESS. START IT UP AND TUG ON THE WIRE HARNESS TO THE COIL AND DIST IF IT STOPS CK FOR BAD WIRING..HOPE THIS HELPS YOU AND IF YOU NEED MORE INFO GET BAK TO ME,,,,,TOM

QUESTION: Tom I have had it running gettin ready for work and it died even when still cold.

Answer
HI DON,IF YOU AR SURE IT IS A IGNITION PROBLEM [NO SPARK]THE PROBLEMS I SAID ABOVE COULD CAUSE THIS AS WELL. BUT I WOULD LEAN TOWARDS THE COIL..CK TO SEE IF ANY SPARK IS PRESENT AT THE COIL WHILE CRANKING OVER. YOU MAY FIND A VERY WEAK SPARK, IF SO REPLACE THE COIL...QUESTION FOR YOU WHAT IS A S-10 DURANGO..DODGE HAS A DURANGO, BUT CHEVY !!! GOOD LUCK,,,TOM

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS