Chevrolet Repair/97 Chevy Blazer problem starting when cold outside

Question
QUESTION: We have a 97 Chevy Blazer and a lot of problems with starting in the morning when the temperatures are below 0 C outside. If we got it started it runs good and smooth. Even when we make more than 1 stop through the day with standing time in between it starts good after it was running before. As soon as it stands over night or for a whole day it starts really hard or not at all. Fuel sending unit is new, battery is new, fuel pressure is ok, distributor is new, coil is new.

ANSWER: HI SONJA,IAM GLAD THE COIL IS NEW.THIS IS VERY COMMON PROBLEM WITH THESE TRUCKS.. HOW ARE YOUR SPARK PLUGS,ARE THEY NEW ?? CK THE GAP IF TO BIG THIS COULD CAUSE THIS..
NEXT THING WILL BE TO GET THIS PCM [COMPUTER] SCANNED FOR LIVE DATA. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT THE COOLANT TEMP SENSOR IS READING WHEN THIS ENG IS COLD..YOU SEE IF IT THINKS IT IS WARMER THEN IT IS IT WILL NOT SEND ENOUGH FUEL OUT OF THE INJS TO GET THIS RUNNING WHEN COLD OUT.CK THIS OUT AND GET BACK TO ME..GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,TOM..

QUESTION: Tom, all that is ok. On Saturday morning the Blazer was in the temperature'd shop and didn't want to start. I tried and tried and the whole room smelled of gasoline. So the gas flow is here but it still doesn't want to start. Could you tell me where the oil sensor switch is?
Thanks ahead. Sonja

Answer
HI SONJA,I NEED TO KNOW WHAT ENG INE THIS TRUCK HAS TO TELL YOU WHERE THE OIL PRESS SWITCH IS..
ALSO THIS WILL HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH NO STARTING PROBLEM.BUT I WILL ASSUME THIS HAS A V6 4.3 LIT,,IF SO, IT IS LOCATED BEHIND THE INTAKE MANIFOLD NEXT TO THE DISTRIBUTOR. ..AS FAR AS THE NO START GOES,,IF YOU SMELL ALL THAT FUEL I HAVE TO BELIEVE IT IS A IGNITION FAULT..CK FOR SPARK AT THE COIL WHILE CRANKING IT OVER.IF NO SPARK I WOULD THINK MAY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE IGNITION MODULE..GET BACK TO ME ON WHAT YOU FIND.GOOD LUCK,,TOM

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS