Chevrolet Repair/knock sensor

Question
location of knock sensor? 93 chevy 15600 5.7L i have idle problems and have changed everything else.. and could it be the distributor?

Answer
HI HAD, THE LOCATION OF THE KNOCK SENSOR IS ON THE PASS SIDE OF ENG BLOCK UNDER EXH MANIFOLD IN FRONT OF THE STARTER..YOU WILL SEE IT. EASY TO GET AT...IF YOU HAVE IDLE PROBLEMS HAVE YOU CLEANED THE BACK SIDE OF THE THROTTLE BODY PLATE..CK TO SEE IF IT HAS ALOT OF CARBON BUILD UP,IF SO, USE SOME CARBURETOR CLEANER AND A SOFT BRUSH TO CLEAN IT..ALSO CK FOR ANY VACUUM LEAKS..A FAULTY DISTRIBUTOR WOULD NOT MAKE THE ENG IDLE BAD ,,UNLESS THE IGN TIMING IS WAY OFF...[USUALLY].HAVE YOU CHECKED THE TIMING XCHAIN FOR STRETCHED..LET ME KNOW IF THERE IS MORE TO THIS STORY.. MAY ALSO CK THE IDLE AIR CONTROL [IAC] MAYBE YOU ALREADY HAVE..A KNOCK SENSOR WOULD NOT CAUSE IDLE PROBLEMS..I DO NOT KNOW WHY YOU ARE REPLACING IT BUT JUST THOUGHT YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS.. LET ME KNOW HOW THIS GOES FOR YOU...

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS