Chevrolet Repair/oil pump

Question
daughter has 98 s10 4cyl needs to have oil pump replaced. is the pump in the oil pan and how hard is it to replace?

Answer
GOOD MORN GARY, THE OIL PUMP ON THIS ENG IS INSIDE THE OIL PAN CONNECTED TO THE REAR MAIN CAP.
JUST DROP THE PAN AND YOU WILL SEE IT.YOU MAY NEED TO LIFT THE ENG JUST ENOUGH TO REMOVE THE PAN..NOT TO BAD OF A JOB..MAKE SURE THE PUMP PICK UP SCREEN IS GOOD AND CLEANED BEFORE PUTTING THE NEW PUMP BACK IN..ALSO MAKE SURE THE EXTENSION SHAFT IS NOT BROKEN,[DRIVE] YOU WILL NOT NEED TO REMOVE THIS ONLY IF THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE SHAFT SUCH AS BROKEN..GOOD LUCK AND I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU,,,TOM...

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS