Chevrolet Repair/Suburban light problem

Question
1999 Suburban; Dome lights stay on at all times. Installed new headlamp switch assembly. No change. Dome override button ineffective. Removed all dome light switches, and all dome light bulbs. Installed one random bulb, still on. All bulbs appear to be good, and not shorted. An additional problem is no DRL. Dash indicator does not light up for DRL either. Are these two problems related? No history on vehicle, just bought it, and dome fuse was pulled.

Answer
HI DARYL,THIS SOUNDS LIKE A BAD BCM [BODY CONTROL MODULE] YES THESE PROBLEMS COULD BE REALTED.
YOU SHOULD TAKE THIS TO A SHOP THAT HAS GM SOFTWARE WITH THERE SCAN TOOL AND HAVE THEM RUN A SCAN ON THE BCM. THEY CAN TURN THINGS ON THROUGH THE SCAN TOOL AND CAN CK IF THE BCM IS WORKING OR NOT..IF THIS IS THE PROBLEM WILL NEED TO REPALCE THE BCM AND HAVE IT FLASHED AT THE SAME PLACE THAT HAS THE SOFTWARE FOR GM.. I HOPE THIS HEPLS YOU AND GOOD LUCK,,,TOM..

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS