Chevrolet Repair/1995 suburban transmission

Question
I have a 1995 chevrolet suburban 1500 4x4 with a 4L60E transmission. The tranny works fine when the SUV is cold but once it warms up the tranny will not shift into any gear. Is my transmission shot or can it be fixed without a total rebuild?  It has a 5.7L engine and I need to fix it ASAP because I need the vehicle.

Answer
HI JASON,,,HAVE YOU CHECKED THE OIL LEVEL ??? JUST ASKING ??? IF NOT DO SO ASAP.. IF YOU HAVE CHECKED THE LEVEL,IS IT CLEAN,VERY RED LIKE. THIS IS NOT A GOOD SIGN. THE TRANS MORE THEN LIKELY WILL NEED TO BE REUILT. IF DIRTY,LIKE BROWN AND SMELLS BAD  ?? BURNED OIL ?? IF THIS IS THE CASE, DRAIN THE OIL AND REPLACE THE FILTER AND KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED...IF THIS HAS OVER 150K MILES AND TRANS OIL HAS NEVER BEEN CHANGED, CHANCES ARE THE TRANS WILL NEED TO BE REBUILT. THE REASON IT WORKS OK WHEN IT IS COLD IS BECAUSE THE OIL IS THICKER WHICH IS ACTING LIKE FRESH CLUTHES.. BUT ONCE WARMED UP, THE OIL GETS THIN AND THEN THE CLUTCHES START TO SLIP..BUT IT IS WORTH A TRY TO FLUSH AND INSTALL NEW OIL AND FILTER..GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,TOM..

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS