Chevrolet Repair/96 corsica dashboard cluster

Question
Hi Tom, i was told that there is no bulb for the service engine soon icon on my dash. Is this true, I was also told that i needed to get a new cluster, and have it re programmed. I'm so confused. Can you sort this out for me? Thank's, Bob.

Answer
HI BOB, WHO DID YOU HEAR THIS FROM..DO YOU THINK THEY ARE A GOOD SOURCE OF INFO ?? IAM NOT SAYING THIS IN A BAD WAY I AM JUST ASKING. ON THIS YEAR CAR I AM 80% SURE THAT THERE IS A BULB THAT CONTROLS THIS.. I DO NOT THINK IT IS A PRINTED CIRCUIT WITH A LED.. IF I DID NOT THINK THERE WAS I WOULD NOT LEAD YOU DOWN A DEAD END..IT IS FOR SURE WORTH REMOVING THIS CLUSTER TO CK IT OUT.. I WILL SAY I HAVE NOT REPLACED A CK ENG LIGHT ON THIS KIND OF CAR. I HAVE HOWEVER REPLACED MANY CK ENG LIGHT BULBS ON THIS YEAR OF CHEVY'S THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A BULB. EITHER A 194 BULB OR SMALLER THEN THAT. IT IS I SMALL SOCKET THAT TURNS INTO THE PRINTED CIRCUIT ONCE REMOVED THE BULB AND SOCKET IS IN YOUR HAND...IF AND ONLY IF YOU CHANGE THE DASH FACE CLUSTER YOU WILL NEED TO GET THIS FLASHED [RELEARNED],BECAUSE THE MIL WILL NEED TO BE RESET..YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TO GO DOWN THIS ROAD..PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW THIS WORKS OUT FOR YOU.. GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,TOM..

PS PS PS PS PS PS PS PS/////////////////////BOB !!!!! HOPE YOU GET THIS BEFORE YOU REMOVE YOUR CLUSTER. BUT HAVE YOU CHECKED YOUR FUSES?? I BELIEVE IT IS THE FUSE FOR THE CIGAR LIGHTER OR INSIDE DOME LIGHT FUSE....IF THIS FUSE IS BAD THE CK ENG LIGHT WILL NOT COME ON..THIS IS THE FUSE BOX INSIDE THE CAR NOT THE OUTSIDE FUSE BOX...CK THIS OUT... I SHOULD OF TOLD YOU THIS, BUT I WAS GEARED ON TELLING YOU HOW TO REMOVE THE DASH....HOPE THIS WORKS OUT FOR YOU,,,,,TOM

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS