Chevrolet Repair/Automatic door locks not working

Question
Hi Tom,

I have a 2002 Chevy Venture LS. I have a question about my automatic door locks (mine was programmed for option #4: to lock when shifting out of park and unlock when shifting into park). Last weekend the automatic door locks just quit working, now when shifting out park the doors remain unlocked. When pressing the switch on the door to lock the doors, the doors will lock. Also, locking/unlocking the doors with the fob works too. So I don't think it's an issue with the actual door locks. Thinking that somehow the programming got messed up, I reprogrammed the door locks by following the instructions in my owners manual. When doing this, I got the four door chimes stating that it is programmed for option #4. I reprogrammed for option #4 again, but still the door locks do not lock/unlock when shifting out of/into park. I reprogrammed for option #3, but still the same problem.

What could the problem be? I asked my mechanic and he kinda blew me off and I don't think he is interested in fixing this. I would like my doors to lock and unlock automatically again like they are supposed to.

Thanks for the help,
Have a great day,
Ricki

Answer
HI RICKI, THIS SOUNDS LIKE THE THE BCM [BODY CONTROL MODULE] LOST IN MEMORY. TRY REMOVING THE NEGATIVE BATTERY CABLE FOR 30 MINUTES. HOOK IT BACK UP AND RELEARN THE LOCK PROGRAMMING AGAIN..
THIS SHOULD WORK. IF NOT YOU MAY NEED TO TAKE THIS TO A CHEVY SHOP OR A SHOP THAT HAS GM SOFTWARE TO REFLASH THE BCM..IF THIS DOES NOT WORK YOU MAY NEED TO REPLACE THE MODULE FOR THE LOCKS OR POSSIBLY THE BCM..BUT THIS SOUNDS LIKE IT IS JUST IN THE LOCK MODULE TRANSMITTER..ONCE YOU TAKE THIS TO A SHOP WITH A GM SCAN TOOL THEY WILL BE ABLE TO  GET INTO THE SYSTEM AND SEE WHAT IS NOT RECEIVING A SIGNAL...THAT WAY THEY WILL NOT WHAT IT IS..LAST THING IS POSSIBLE BAD WIRING. THIS IS WHY A SCAN TOOL IS NEEDED, BECAUSE THEY CAN DEMAND THINGS TO TURN ON AND OFF..HOPE THIS HELPS YOU AND IF YOU NEED MORE INFO GET BACK TO ME..TOM..

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS