Chevrolet Repair/1995 chevy blazer

Question
QUESTION: Hi this is Frank from earlier about the EGR valve on my 1995 Chevy Blazer. I just wanted to make this so I could let you know what the problem actually was. Im hoping it works. Im gonna buy one of those filters for the EGR and hopefully that prevents anymore from getting in there.
Thanks
Frank

ANSWER: GOOD MORNING FRANK, THESE SCREENS MAYBE HARD TO LOCATE !!! THERE ARE ONLY A FEW PLACES THAT HAD THEM WHEN WE LOOKED AT FOR OUR SHOP.  I READ ABOUT THEM IN A MAGAZINE..IF YOU CAN NOT FIND THEM LOCAL GET ON LINE AND SEE IF YOU CAN FIND IT. IF NOT LET ME KNOW. DO NOT USE A REGULAR HOUSE WINDOW SCREEN,THIS WILL JUST BURN UP. IT NEEDS TO BE STAINLESS OR SOMETHING OF THIS SORT..ALSO WHEN YOU REMOVED THE VALVE DID YOU FIND THE VALVE WAS NOT SEATED DUE TO CARBON ???
GOOD LUCK, TOM...

QUESTION: All right. I just took the EGR off and I did find that it wasn't closing all the way every time. I tried to clean it so it would close all the way every time but I don't know if it worked. I put that back on and started it but it still idled really roughly as if it is misfiring in a cylinder. I hooked up a fuel pressure tester and started it and the fuel pressure jumped up and down from approx. 48-55 psi. Is that normal or could the fuel pump not be putting enough fuel to the injectors?

Answer
HI AGAIN FRANK,NORMAL IS ABOUT 48 TO 50 LBS,BUT YOU HAVE TO KEEP IN MIND THAT IT IS NOT IDLING SMOOTH THERE FOR NOTHING WILL BE CORRECT AS FAR AS SPECS GO.. THE EGR VALVE NEEDS TO BE CLOSED AT IDLE...IF THE VALVE IS STICKING DON'T WASTE YOU TIME ON IT ANYMORE. YOU COULD PERFORM A TEST AND GET A PIECE OF METAL AND PUT IT OVER THE EGR HOLE AND BOLT IT DOWN WITH A CLAMP FROM THE MOUNTING BOLT HOLE AND START IT WITHOUT THE EGR VALVE JUST TO SEE IF THE PROBLEM IS GONE..IF THE EGR VALVE IS CAUSING THIS THE PROBLEM THE PROBLEM SHOULD STOP LIKE THIS...LET ME KNOW WHAT HAPPENS..TOM...

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS