Chevrolet Repair/91 chevy dies and has poor acceleration

Question
I have a 91 Chevy with a 4.3 V6. My truck dies after 10 to 20 seconds after I start it. When driving has over poor acceleration and still wants to die when I dealing. Any answers to this?

Answer
HI JORY, THIS COULD BE ALOT OF THINGS BUT THE FIRST THING I WOULD DO IS CHECK THE FUEL PRESSURE.
DO YOU HAVE A PRESSURE GAUGE ??? IF SO WHEN IT DIES SEE IF THERE IS FUEL PRESSURE. WOULD LIKE TO SEE ABOUT 40 LBS  OR SO...IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A GAUGE FIND THE CK PORT ON THE FUEL RAIL AND REMOVE THE CAP,WILL LOOK LIKE A TIRE VALVE STEM CAP,REMOVE THE CAP AND WHILE SOMEONE IS CRANKING THE ENG OVER YOU PUSH DOWN ON THE SHRADER VALVE THE ENTIRE TIME THE ENG IS CRANKING OVER YOU SHOULD HAVE FUEL COMING OUT OF THE CK PORT WITH THE VALVE PUSHED DOWN..IF NOT THE FUEL PUMP IS MORE THEN LIKELY BAD, OR NO POWER TO THE PUMP.[WE WILL GET TO THAT LATER].IF SO IT IS NOT A FUEL PROBLEM. WHEN YOU CK THIS MAKE SURE THE ENG IS CRANKING OVER FOR 25 TO 30 SECONDS AND A GOOD FLOW OF FUEL IS COMING OUT OF THE CK VALVE. NOT JUST FOR THE FIRST 2 TO 3 SECONDS. THIS IS CALLED RESIDUAL PRESSURE, THIS WILL FOOL YOU ALL THE TIME..GET BACK TO ME AFTER YOU HAVE CHECKED THIS AND WE WILL GO ON FROM THERE..GOOD LUCK,,,TOM

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS