Chevrolet Repair/Ac

Question
where is relay located on 2000 chevy impala LS. I have changed the fuse and it is full of freon  but still wont blow cool air

Answer
HI MARY,,THE A/C RELAY IS IN THE UNDER HOOD FUSE/RELAY BOX. LIFT THE BLACK COVER AND LOOK AT THE CHART UNDER SIDE OF IT FOR THE RELAY LOCATION..YOU CAN SWITCH ANOTHER RELAY OF THE SAME STYLE WITH ONE ANOTHER TO SEE IF THIS IS THE PROBLEM...AS A RULE THESE RELAYS DO NOT GO BAD VERY OFTEN..HOW DO YOU YOU THE A/C SYSTEM IS FULLY CHARGED OF FREON. JUST BY PUSHING DOWN ON EITHER THE HIGH OR LOW SIDE CK PORTS DOES NOT MEAN THE SYSTEM IF FULLY CHARGED..IF IT IS NOT FULLY OR VERY CLOSE TO BEING FULLY CHARGE I SHOULD SAY THE A/C COMPRESSOR MAY NOT ENGAGE..BUT IF THE SYSTEM IS REALLY FULLY CHARGED CK ALL THE FUSES UNDER HOOD AND UNDER DASH AS WELL. THE OTHER PROBLEM MAYBE A HIGH PRESSURE CUT OFF SWITCH BEING BAD OR ACCUMULATOR SWITCH GOING BAD AS WELL.. I WOULD GET A TEST LIGHT AND CK FOR POWER AT THE COMPRESSOR WHEN THE A/C SWITCH IS ON..IF THE SYSTEM IS WORKING CORRECT BOTH COOLING FANS IN THE FRONT SHOULD TURN ON WHEN THE A/C SWITCH IS ON, THIS WAY YOU KNIOW THAT ALL THE ELECTRONICS ARE OK TO THAT POINT..IF SO YOU MAY HAVE A BAD A/C COMPRESSOR CLUTCH..IF THERE IS POWER TO THE CLUTCH AND NO ENGAGEMENT THE CLUTCH IS BAD...LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED MORE HELP,GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,TOM....

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS