Chevrolet Repair/C-1500 - No spark to plugs

Question
1998 Chev. C-1500, 4.6L V6 EFI, 5-spd man. P/S, P/B, no a/c.  
Problem: No spark to spark plugs.  Plenty of fuel.  Checked # 1 and #5 plug for spark the old-fashioned way (holding against block) and also checked output of Ignition coil using inductive pickup and timing light; no flash at all.  Removed Ignition coil module and ran resistance tests rec'd in the Chilton's GM Full Size Trucks repair manual.  All readings exactly as indicated in the manual.  Engine stopped running as I was going down hiway, and here's a weirdness that I saw on the controls: When the engine stopped firing, the fuel gauge needle went clockwise, all the way past "Full" and pointed in the 3 o'clock position, which is way off the Empty-to-Full scale, and it just stays there.  That struck me as very peculiar.  "Full" would be a 1 o'clock position.  "Empty" would be about an 11 o'clock position.  I'm wondering what to check next.  Presumably there's some kind of ignition control module somewhere, but I haven't found it in the Chilton's book.  Appreciate any advice you might be able to provide.

Answer
HI DON FROM TEXAS,OK LETS START WITH THE GAUGE PROBLEM. REMOVE ONE OF THE BATTERY CABLES FOR A FEW MINUTES AND RECONNECT AND SEE IF THIS TAKES CARE OF THE GAUGE..THIS IS USUALLY CAUSED BY A SPIKE IN THE ELECTRICAL SYSTEM. COULD OF HAPPENED WHEN IT STALLED OUT. AS FAR AS THE IGN MODULE. THIS IS ON THE PASS SIDE OF THE ENG WITH THE COIL IT IS RIVETED TO THE COIL BRACKET.. S10 BLAZERS ARE THE SAME WAY..YOU MAY WANT TO ALSO CK THE PICK UP COIL WHICH IS INSIDE THE DIST HOUSING UNDER THE ROTOR..THESE DO FAIL AS WELL. DEPENDING ON WHAT MONTH OF THE YEAR THIS WAS BUILT THE IGN MODULE MAYBE UNDER THE DIST CAP AS WELL. ONCE YOU REMOVE THE CAP YOU WILL KNOW RIGHT AWAY... MAKE SURE THE ROTOR DID NOT BURN ON THE UNDERSIDE OF IT CAUSING IT TO SHORT OUT ON THE DIST SHAFT..NO SPARK 99% OF THE TIME IS USUALLY MODULE,COIL OR PICK UP COIL. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED MORE INFO..TOM..
HI DON,GLAD YOU FOUND THE PROBLEM.. THIS WORRIES ME A BIT HOWEVER.. FOR THIS FUSE TO GO BAD SOMETHING MAYBE LURKING BEHIND CLOSED DOORS....CARRY A EXTRA FUSE WITH YOU JUST IN CASE. CK ALL OF YOUR WIRING HARNESSES TO SEE IF YOU NOTICE ANY HARM TO THE HARNESS ANYWHERE..GOOD LUCK TOM.

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS