Chevrolet Repair/electric issue

Question
First hello and thanks in advance. On an 02 suburban 5.3 auto 2wd approximately 163k. Last night I was driving around 35 or 40 MPH and the door locks started freaking out then the dash lights and then the Trans lost all gears we pulled over and restarted the truck and it was partially engaged in first but that's the only gear it'll go onto and the dash is on the Fritz we pulled it off the highway and that's when it blew a Trans cooler line. I'm sure its gotta be in the electronics causing the Trans line but I really need help on what to look for in the electronics please help thanks again for any advice or ideas and God bless

Answer
HI FRANK, WELL LETS START WITH THE TRANS LEAK.THIS WILL HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ELECTRONIC OF THE TRUCK..COOLER LINES DO GO BAD AND START TO LEAK..GET THIS FIXED ASAP OF COURSE..NOW FOR THE ELECTRICAL ISSUE,THIS SOUNDS TO ME LIKE A BAD BCM [BODY CONTROL MODULE]. THIS MODULE CONTROLS
ALL THE ELECTRONICS INSIDE THE TRUCKS CAB..WITHOUT  A SCAN TOOL THERE REALLY IS NO WAY OF TELLING FOR SURE..I WOULD SUGGEST TAKING THIS TRUCK TO EITHER A SHOP IN YOUR AREA THAT HAS GM SOFTWARE TO SCAN THE BCM..THEY WILL KNOW RIGHT AWAY. IF THERE ARE NO SHOPS IN YOUR AREA THAT HAVE GM SOFTWARE YOU WILL BE TAKEN A TRIP TO YOUR CHEVY STORE..[ WHERE THEY WILL TRY TO SELL YOU A NEW TRUCK ] JUST KIDDING.. IF THE BCM IS AT FAULT AS I THINK >>>> BCM AND REFLASHING WILL COST YOU AROUND $275.00 TO $300.00..REFLASH MEANS TO LEARN THE NEW BCM OF ALL OF YOUR TRUCKS OPTIONS..
THIS IS DONE THROUGH THE SCAN TOOL..GOOD LUCK,,,TOM

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS