Chevrolet Repair/its frank with the 1997 cevy 3500 7.4 l dually

Question
hi tom its me again so i check fuel pressure its good i think it was 50-60. i can get it running once in a while it will stay on.Also this when I hold down the gas pedal it will not even try to start. when i turn the key with out pressing the gas pedal it fires up but dies wont stay running.I have replaced the fuel filter and the fuel pump.When i spray ether in the air filter it stays running till thers no more ether in the air filter box. if you need more info please let me know thank

Answer
HI FRANK, OK SO WE KNOW THE FUEL PRESSURE IS GOOD. WE CAN RULE OUT A FUEL PROBLEM. THE FUEL PRESSURE IS NOT JUST RESIDUAL CORRECT ??? WHAT I WOULD LIKE YOU TO DO NEXT IS REMOVE THE HARNESS GOING TO THE MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR..START IT UP LIKE THIS,IF IT STAYS RUNNING LIKE THIS  MORE THEN LIKELY THE MASS AIR FLOW IS BAD. IT WILL NOT RUN REAL GOOD, BUT BETTER THEN IT HAS. ALSO CK THE WIRING HARNHESS GOING TO THE MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR AND MAKE SURE THERE ARE NO BROKEN WIRES. ALSO HAVE YOU CHECKED FOR ANY CODES IN THE SYSTEM SINCE THIS HAS BEEN HAPPENING ??? IF NOT YOU MAY WANT TO DO SO..SO CK THE MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR FIRST AND THEN IF THAT DOES NOT WORK CK FOR CODES IN THE SYSTEM AND GET BACK TO ME. GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,TOM..
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
HI FRANK AGAIN,,I HAVE TO SAY IAM SORRY BUT I DID NOT READ YOUR PAST QUESTIONS AND MY PAST ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTION. IF YOU READ THIS ANSWER IT IS ALMOST THE SAME AS THE LAST ANSWER I GAVE TO YOU..DID YOU REMOVE THE MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR HARNESS ??? IF SO WHAT HAPPENED ??? I GET ALOT OF QUESTIONS AND I CANT REMEMBER WHAT I SAID TO DO FROM EACH QUESTION..BUT I DO FEEL THIS ENG HAS A MASS AIR FLOW PROBLEM,FROM THE CODES YOU GAVE TO ME...CK THIS OUT AND LET ME KNOW.TOM

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS