Chevrolet Repair/proper thermotstat

Question
QUESTION: If a car is driven in a location where the average temperature all year around is about 82 degrees(tropics)what temp. thermostat should I used on my car. 165. 180, 205 degrees etc. I do not the exact temp ranges but you get the idea.

ANSWER: HI LUIS.195 DEGREE IS WHAT YOU WANT...DONT KNOW THE YEAR OF CAR BUT FROM 1996 AND UP 195 STAT IS FACTORY STOCK. IF YOU USE SOMETHING COLDER THEN THIS THE COMPUTER MAY RUN IN OPEN LOOP ALWAYS, CAUSING THE CK ENG LIGHT TO COME ON...ANYTHING OLDER THEN THIS I WOULD USE A 180 STAT.  HOPE THIS HELPS YOU,,TOM

QUESTION: Hi, thanks for your response, I own a 1975 Chev. Nova. in mint condition. I guess I should have included with my question details about my car. It may change your answer about the correct thermostat.

Answer
HI LUIS, NICE CAR, I HAD A 74 NOVA SS 350. I HAD THAT FOR MANY YEARS...ANY WAY THIS IS A EASY QUESTION..USE A 180 DEGREE STAT..165 IS JUST TO COOL FOR THIS..IF YOU WERE RACING IT OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT A 165 STAT WOULD BE GOOD. JUST DRIVING IT AROUND TOWN AND SO 180 IS MY CHOICE..GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,TOM...

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS