Chevrolet Repair/Re wiring car

Question
QUESTION: I have a 97 2.4L grand am. I have taking out the dash and gauge cluster and steering Column  so as to wire it with after market toggle switches and gauges. This car is being made into a track car. I now can only get the car to start then shut right off. Is there a way to wire around the anti theft so as not to bother again? Is this problem even the anti theft? Thanks for your consideration in this matter. Thanks.

ANSWER: HI PATRICK,YES, THIS PROBLEM IS THE ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM..YOU CAN REWIRE AROUND THE SYSTEM BUT YOU WILL NEED TO BE VERY GOOD WITH COMPUTERS AND WIRING DIAGRAMS...I WOULD SUGGEST YOU JUST WIRE THE ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM BACK INTO THE COMPUTER..MUCH EASIER AND FASTER.IF YOU ARE WIRING THIS WITH AFTEMARKET COMPUTER AND WIRING HARNESS YOU MAYBE OK,BECAUSE IT WILL SUPPLY WHAY YOU NEED TO GET AROUND THE OEM SYSTEM.. BUT IF YOU ARE KEEPING WITH THE GM PCM THIS WILL BE A TASK....AS FAR AS THE WEIGHT GOES I WOULD NOT WORRY ABOUT THIS.LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU DECIDE I MIGHT BE ABLE TO WORK UP A DIAGRAM FOR YOU TO BYPASS THIS THEFT SYSTEM. GOOD LUCK TOM...

QUESTION: Any wiring diagrams you can pass on would be off great help. Thanks

Answer
HI PATRICK,OK, I WILL SEE IF I CAN GET YOU SOME TO YOUR CONCERN..WE ARE GOING WITH THE OEM GM PCM AND WIRING AROUND THE THEFT SYSTEM..I WILL SEE WHAT I CAN DO FOR YOU..THIS MAY TAKE ME A DAY OR TWO SO HANG TIGHT. IAM AT WORK NOW...TOM..
*************************************************************************************************
HI PATRICK,OK I LOOKED IN MY TOOL BOX FOR THIS SET OF DIAGRAMS THAT I GOT FROM THE GM REP..BUT I CAN NOT FIND IT. IT WAS FOR GM YEARS 96 TO 2000. I THEN CAME HOME AND LOOKED IN MY TOOL BOX AND I DID NOT FIND IT EITHER..I KNOW I HAVE IT SOME PLACE AND I PROMISE I WILL KEEP LOOKING FOR YOU.. ONE OF THE TECHS I WORK WITH TOLD ME THAT HE WAS ON LINE THE OTHER MONTH AND CAME ACROSS I SIGHT CALLED BEAT GM THEFT SYSTEM..I SAID ARE YOU KIDDING ME !! HE TOLD ME HE WAS PRETTY SURE OF THE SITES NAME..I DONT KNOW I DID NOT LOOK INTO IT. A COUPLE OTHER GUYS TOLD ME THAT THERE ARE SITES OUT THERE LIKE THIS. NEWS TO ME..KEEP IN MIND TRYING TO GET AROUND THIS IS NOT EASY, BECAUSE GM SPENT ALOT OF TIME MAKING THIS SYSTEM WORK AND KEEPING THE BAD GUYS OUT,,FOR OBVIOUS REASONS.. SO CK THE WEB OUT SEE IF THERE IS SOMETHING OUT THERE,I WILL KEEP LOOKING FOR THE DIAGRAMS. IF YOU DO COME ACROSS SOMETHING, KINDLY LET ME KNOW..GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,TOM...

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS