Chevrolet Repair/front wheel bearing hub

Question
hi, i have a 2002 chevy 2500hd 4x4 6.6 engine im removing the old hub that seems to have been on since the truck was made and the bolts seem to have seized and im not able to remove them not even with a impact wrench. my question is if im able to cut them out can i go to a chevy dealership and get new ones to replace them? thanks

Answer
HI CHARLETTE, TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION ,YES YOU CAN GO TO YOUR CHEVY STORE AND ORDER THEM OR GET THEM FROM THEM,[IF THEY HAVE THEM IN STOCK]...BUT I DO NOT FEEL THAT THIS IS NECESSARY TO DO SO..THESE BOLTS HAVE LOCK TIGHT ON THEM, I DONT KNOW WHY CHEVY FEELS THAT THIS IS THE WAY TO GO,, BUT THEY DO IT...GET YOURSELF A TORCH OR BURNS-O-MATIC.[TORCH PERFERED] AND HEAT THE BACK SIDE OF THE STUDS INTO THE HUB. ONCE THESE ARE HEATED THE BOLTS WILL FREE UP. IT WILL TAKE ALOT TO BREAK THESE HUB BEARING BOLTS IF THAT IS WHAT YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT. THEY ARE GRADE 8 BOLTS. I LIVE IN SALT BELT USA, NY,, I HAVE NEVER HAD TO REPLACE ONE OF THESE BOLTS,BECAUSE I BROKE ONE..YOU COULD ALSO TRY TO PUT A BREAKER BAR ON THE BOLTS AND SEE IF THIS WILL FREE THEM UP.[[I BET THEY WILL FREE UP]] SOMETIMES IF THERE IS NOT ENOUGH AIR PRESSURE OR A GOOD IMPACT WRENCH YOU CAN NOT FREE THESE BOLTS UP USING THESE METHODS. I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU AND IF YOU NEED MORE INFO GET BACK TO ME..TOM.....

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS