Chevrolet Repair/05 Malibu Brake and Turn Signal Lights not working

Question
QUESTION: Hi,

Recently All of my signal lights are not working except for the rear center brake light. This is in a 05 Malibu LT. I checked all of the fuses while the car was running and none came up blown. With some advice from O'Rileys I changed out the Turn Signal Switch... Just finished doing this and it did not fix the problem. Any Suggestions

ANSWER: HI TONY, IF YOU TURN ON YOUR 4 WAY FLASHERS WHAT HAPPENS ??? IF YOU TURN YOUR SIGNALS ON LEFT OR RIGHT WILL THEY WORK IN THE FRONT ??? I KNOW YOU SAID ALL OF YOUR SIGNALS BUT ARE YOU SURE THE FRONTS DO NOT WORK AS WELL. IF THE FRONT SIGNALS WORK OR JUST LIGHT UP, IT IS JUST A PROBLEM IN THE REAR.. OPEN YOUR TRUNK AND FIND THE MAIN HARNESS ON THE LEFT SIDE OF YOUR TRUNK AND CK THE PLUG HARNESS CONNECTIONS, SOMETIMES THEY WILL GET RUSTY AND LOOSE CONNECTIONS. [THIS WILL BE A PLUG WITH ABOUT 10 TO 14 WIRES TO IT] IF ALL THESE CONNECTIONS LOOK GOOD,KEEP IT UNPLUGGED AND CK FOR POWER WITH A TEST LIGHT FOR THE BRAKE LIGHTS AND TURN SIGNALS SEE IF YOU HAVE POWER TO THIS POINT IF SO THE PROBLEM IS AFTER THIS CONNECTION, FURTHER DOWN TO THE LIGHTS THEMSELVES, SUCH AS,, PINCHED HARNESS OR CORROSION.[TO CK WHICH IS THE CORRECT WIRE FOR SIGNALS AND BRAKE LIGHTS JUST TURN THE LEFT AND RIGHT SIGNAL ON AND THE THE TEST LIGHT WILL FLASH ON AND OFF WHEN THE CORRECT WIRE IS CHECKED,SAME WITH THE BRAKES,HAVE SOMEONE IN THE CAR WHILE YOU CK WITH THE TEST LIGHT..]] CK THIS OUT AND GET BACK TO ME,,GOOD LUCK TOM...

QUESTION: Tom,

When I turn on the 4 way flashers I have nothing in the front or back.. Same with the turn signals themselves left and right. My best guess to this was the turn signal switch... But I was wrong.

Answer
HI TONY, ARE YOU SURE THE FUSES ARE OK..HAVE YOU CHECKED THEM WITH A VOLT METER OR TEST LIGHT TO BE 100% SURE ??IF YOU DID, THIS CAR MAY HAVE A BAD BCM [BODY CONTROL MODULE] THIS MODULE CONTROLS ALL OF THE FUNCTIONS INSIDE THE CAR. DOES ANYTHING ELSE IN THE CAR NOT WORK OR HAS NOT WORKED IN A WHILE ??? CAN YOU SCAN THE PCM FOR ANY CODES ??? ANY CODE THAT STARTS OUT WITH A  [B] IS BODY CONTROL FAILURE, SUCH AS MODULE...YOU MAY NEED TO TAKE THIS TO A SHOP OR CHEVY STORE THAT HAS GM SOFTWARE ON THERE SCAN TOOL TO RUN A FEW DIAGNOSTIC TEST...HOPE THIS HELPS YOU AND GOOD LUCK,,TOM..

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS