Chevrolet Repair/2002 Cadillac Escalade computer reset

Question
After changing the fuel pump in my 2002 Escalade, I cranked it, checked for leaks (there are none), and as I went to accelerate it wouldn't.  I tried disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes.... no change...then after reading about the computer needing to "relearn things" I realized that it should be a simple problem that is quite common.  Now it idles about 900 rpms, the transmission temp climbed to 190 and then it died for lack of fuel. I am adding more fuel when it gets here, but I just need to know what I can do to "relearn" my PCM computer.  Thanks Tom

Answer
HI JEREMY,YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TO RELAERN THE PCM AFTER A FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT...IF YOU REMOVED A BATTERY CABLE OR THE BATTERY WENT DEAD YOU MAY NEED TO RELAERN THE SENSORS..TO DO THAT YOU JUST NEED TO DRIVE IT OVER 30 MPH FOR 20 MINUTES..THIUS WILL RESET THE IAC & TPS...I HAVE NO IDEA WHY THE TRANS OIL GOT SO HOT !!! IS THERE ANYTHING BLOCKING THE FRONT GRILLE AREA ??? DID THE ENG OVER HEAT TO THE POINT THAT THE TRANS OIL GOT HOT..YOU MAY WANT TO CK THE COOLANT IN THIS AND SEE IF IT IS LOW..IF SO THIS IS MORE THEN  LIKELY YOUR PROBLEM..THIS ENG WILL SHUT DOWN IF IT IS OVERHEATING,, THIS IS PRESET IN THE PCM,,IT WILL TURN OFF THE FUEL.IF THIS IS NOT YOUR PROBLEM YOU MAY HAVE OTHER ISSUE'S GOING ON..LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU FIND AND GET BACK TO ME..GOOD LUCK ,,,TOM...

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS