Chevrolet Repair/4T65E Transmission

Question
Hey Tom,
I periodically (once every month) get a P1811 code on my 02 Grand Prix.  I already replaced the pressure control valve/solenoid but it didn't seem to help much.  Otherwise the trans shifts great and the fluid and filter seem reasonably clean.  My only objection is the harsh shifting that occurs after
the code sets.

Is there any way to access the PCM's parameter settings and shut the "Max Line Pressure" feature off ???  In my opinion, this is a half-baked feature that should never have been implemented.  It's only natural that the shift duration will increase, as the car ages, thus setting the code and the "Max Line Pressure" command.  I am convinced that in many cases, the transmission does not require a rebuild or valve replacement.  GM should offer a PCM re-flash as an alternative to expensive transmission service.

Are there any similar options available for this common problem?

Colin

Answer
HI COLIN,WELL I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT HERE, AND YES THERE IS A WAY TO [REMAP THE PCM]
THE PROBLEM IS >>> YOU NEED TO FIND SOMEBODY WITH THIS SOFTWARE TO DO SO..THERE IS A SPEED SHOP IN MY AREA THAT CAN DO THIS REMAPPING..I DO NOT KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE BUT IF IT IS IN A BIG CITY AREA I AM SURE THERE IS A SPEED SHOP THAT CAN DO THIS FOR YOU..THEY CAN CHANGE THE SHIFT POINTS THROUGH THE SOLENOIDS OF THE VALVE BODY...CALL AROUND TOWN AND IF SOME SHOP HAS A DYNO YOU CAN BET THEY HAVE THIS SOFT WARE TO DO SO..NO REGULAR REPAIR SHOP WILL HAVE THIS TYPE OF SOFTWARE... GOOD LUCK TO YOU..TOM  

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS