Chevrolet Repair/95 Chevy Astro van all wheel drive 4.3 liter

Question
When trying to start my 95 Chevy Astro Van I got a click.  Not a Solenoid click but sounded like a relay click.  I tried again and nothing, no click, nothing.  I noted that it appeared as though there was no battery hooked up.  I thought perhaps the starter had expired so replaced it.  I thought the battery had failed.  Had it checked and it was good.  When I jump from the terminals on the starter to the solenoid the starter operates properly.  Still I cannot get any fire in the engine.  On the dash panel, none of the gauges operate when I turn the key on.  I have had several suggestions, fuse able link, ignition switch, etc.  Before I take the thing apart, I need some direction.  Thank you in advance.

Answer
HI WARREN, HAVE YOU CHECKED ALL OF THE FUSES ? IF NOT DO SO. CK BOTH BOTH FUSE BOXES, UNDER HOOD AND UNDER DASH. IF ALL THE FUSES ARE OK,MY NEXT THING TO CK IS THE NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH. TURN THE KEY ON AND PUT THE GEAR SHIFT IN NEUTRAL POSITION AND TURN THE KEY TO CRANK,IF IT CRANKS THE THE NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH IS BAD OR OUT OF ADJUSTMENT. THIS IS COMMON. THERE IS A FUSEABLE LINK GOING TO THE STARTER,YOU MAY WANT TO CK THIS AS WELL WITH A TEST LIGHT OR VOLT METER. THE LINK WILL BE ON THE PURPLE WIRE GOING TO THE STARTER SOLENOID IN THAT HARNESS. THIS LINK WOULD GO BAD IF YOU JUMPED IT INCORRECTLY..IT ALSO MAY HAVE A BAD IGNITION SWITCH. NOT VERY COMMON BUT IT CAN HAPPEN. FIND THE PURPLE WIRE GOING TO THE NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH. CK FOR POWER GOING INTO THE SAFETY SWITCH WHEN TURNING THE KEY TO CRANK,IF NO POWER HERE MORE THEN LIKELY THE IGN SWITCH IS BAD OR WIRING FAULT. IF POWER IS HERE THE SAFETY SWITCH IS BAD AND NOT LETTING POWER TO THE STARTER SOLENOID...I CAN NOT THINK OF ANY THING ELSE IT COULD BE,UNLESS SOMEONE PUT A ALARM IN THIS BEFORE YOU GOT THE VAN,WHICH WHEN THESE ALARMS GOES BAD THE MODULE THAT CONTROLS IT FAILS CUTTING OFF POWER TO THE STARTER...CK UNDER YOUR DASH TO SEE IF THERE IS A STARTER ALARM INHIBITOR SWITCH..LET ME KNOW HOW THIS GOES,GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,TOM..
***********************************************************************************************
HI WARREN,,I JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING YOU SAID LAST NIGHT,THAT WHEN YOU JUMP THE STARTER THE ENG WILL STILL NOT START ??? IF THIS IS THE CASE DID YOU HAVE THE IGNITION KEY TURNED TO THE RUN POSITION ??? IF YOU DID AND IT WILL NOT START LIKE THIS YOU HAVE GOT MORE PROBLEMS THEN THE NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH...BY DOING THIS YOU ARE BYPASSING THE SAFETY SWITCH. YOU COULD TRY TO GET A NEW IGNITION SWITCH,DROP THE LOWER COLUMN AND UNPLUG THE OLD SWITCH, PLUG THE NEW ONE IN AND SEE IF IT STARTS AND THE DASH LIGHTS AND GAUGES WORK...CK THIS OUT AND OF COURSE CK ALL OF YOUR FUSES AS I SAID FIRST..GET BACK TO ME..TOM..  

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS