Chevrolet Repair/cavalier/fuel pump fuse keeps blowing

Question
QUESTION: 1997 cavalier 2.2l  fuel pump recently replaced, but the fuse will  blow. Sometimes days sometimes hours. Hot cold doesn't seem to make difference. Have had entire harness exposed, tried wiggle tests, can't seem to find short. This circuit also powers the injectors. On this system each injector has its own relay. Doesn't matter if its freeway or in town driving. It blows at different times with no common factor to help pinpoint. I'm stuck any clues or insight would help. I thank you in advance

ANSWER: GOOD DAY MARK, YOU SAY EACH INJECTOR HAS ITS OWN RELAY..4 RELAYS, I DONT THINK SO..ARE YOU SEEING 4 RELAYS, ONE FOR EACH INJECTOR ??? THIS MAKES NO SENSE...ONE RELAY FOR FUEL PUMP,ONE RELAY FOR IGN ONE RELAY FOR PCM...ANYWAY WE CAN RULE THIS OUT OF THE PICTURE. LETS LOOK AT THE FUEL PUMP AGAIN..I WILL ASSUME THIS PROBLEM WAS NOT THERE BEFORE YOU REPLACED THE FUEL PUMP ???? IF I AM CORRECT IN MY THINKING I HAVE TO ASSUME THE NEW FUEL PUMP IS DRAWING TO MUCH AMPS,POPPING THIS FUSE..IS THIS A AFTERMARKET FUEL PUMP ??? IF SO I WOULD BE VERY CAUTIOUS ABOUT IT..WE HAVE HAD MANY, MANY, MANY, PROBLEMS WITH THESE AFTERMAKET PUMPS. WE GOT TO THE POINT THAT WE ONLY INSTALL DELCO PUMPS..YOU COULD DO ONE OF 2 THINGS TO FIND THIS OUT. PUT A AMP METER BETWEEN THE REALY AND MAIN FUEL PUMP WIRE AND DEAD HEAD THE PUMP AND WATCH WHAT KIND OF AMPS IT PULLS. TO DEAD HEAD THE PUMP REMOVE THE VACUUM TO THE REGULATOR. AMPS SHOULD BE LESS THEN THAT CIRCUIT IS RATED FOR....SECOND OPTION IS TO GO UP 5 MORE AMPS ON THE FUSE AND SEE IF THIS CORRECTS THE PROBLEM...THIS IS JUST FOR A TEST AND THE SECOND IS NOT A FOOL PROOF WAY TO TEST..ONE MORE THING I JUST THOUGHT OF, IF THIS HAPPENED AFTER THE PUMP INSTALLATION I MAY WANT TO DROP THE TANK AGAIN AND LOOK AT HOW THE WIRING IS HOOKED UP TO THE PUMP,, MAKE SURE ALL CONNECTIONS ARE TIGHT ANY PLAY IN THE MALE AND FEMALE CONNECTIONS MAY CAUSE THIS PROBLAM AS WELL. CAUSING HIGHER CURRENT DRAW..LET ME KNOW HOW THIS WORKS OUT FOR YOU AND GET BACK TO ME..GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,TOM...

injector diagram
injector diagram  
QUESTION: Believe it or not but each injector has its own relay. I will try to insert wiring diagram in this reply. It may be a cluster pack I don't know. I tried to locate relays last time I looked at car, but couldn't find it. (under intake manifold I believe) This problem was there with last pump, I didn't install pump, I saw the car after pump installed and no one could figure out problem. Good idea with dead heading pump though. Have had tank down enough to pull connector and check harness. Thank you for such a quick response. Will try dead head this afternoon. Strange one, want to make sure pump is problem before I make her spend money over again.

Answer
HI MARK,I CAN NOT BRING UP YOU WIRING DIAGRAM TO SMALL TO LOOK AT BUT I BELIEVE YOU I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF 4 RELAYS FOR EACH INJECTOR. WHEN I GET TO WORK MONDAY I WILL FOR SURE LOOK THIS UP. BUT LETS SAY IT DOES HAVE THIS I DONT FEEL THIS WOULD POP A FUSE..IF YOU REMOVE ONE RELAY HARNESS AT A TIME DOES ONE INJECTOR STOP PULSING ???? YOU HAVE A NOID LITE ?? IF NOT USE A 194 LIGHT BULB AND BEND THE TANGS TO FIT INTO THE INJ HARNESS WHILE RUNNING TO CK FOR A PULSE..
IS THIS A AFTERMARKET PUMP DO YOU KNOW ??? KEEP ME UPDATED ON THIS ,,TOM..

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS