Chevrolet Repair/reduced power

Question
my 2003 tahoe had the reduced power light come on and the unit would not go over 20 MPH. This happened just after I slowed to go around a corner and then speed up. The owners manual says overheating problem but the gauge only shows 200 to 210 ,so way below hot . What else could it be? I have read that it could be throttle body, is that right.

Answer
HI GEORGE,MY BEST ADVISE TO YOU WOULD BE TO GET THIS TO A SHOP THAT HAS CHEVY SOFTWARE AND HAVE IT SCANNED FOR ANY CODES BUT MOST IMPORTANT IS LIVE DATA..THIS WILL TELL YOUR TECHS WHAT IS GOING ON..THE THROTTLE BODY COULD BE A ISSUE, BUT THIS YEAR WOULD BE RARE..BUT POSSIBLE. THE MASS AIR FLOW COULD BE A PROBLEM AS WELL. YOU COULD TRY TO UNPLUG THE MASS AIR FLOW AND SEE IF THIS IMPROVES YOUR PROBLEM,IF SO, THE MASS AIR FLOW IS BAD..SO TRY THE MASS AIR FLOW TRICK AND BEFORE YOU TAKE YOUR TRUCK TO A SHOP [JUST THOUGHT OF THIS] CK THE WIRING HARNESS GOING TO THE THROTTLE BODY AS WELL FOR ANY BROKEN WIRES, THERE HAVE BEEN MANY, MANY, PROBLEMS ON HARNESS ISSUES,PEEL BACK THE BLACK COVER AROUND THE WIRES AND LOOK AT THEM REAL CAREFUL LIKE..ANT BROKEN WIRES HERE WILL CAUSE THIS AS WELL..LET ME KNOW HOW THIS GOES, AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,TOM..

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS