Chevrolet Repair/2.8L Fuel system

Question
I have a 91' S-10 with a 2.8L engine. I was driving the vehicle and it acted like it was running out of fuel. When I unplugged the map sensor I could keep it running so I could get it home. When I got home I tested all of the vacuum system and all was good. I replaced the fuel filter and found that the old one was plugged. when attempting to start it will run if I continue to pump on the throttle. but when I do this it wants to die when I push on the throttle and will rev up when I let off. When watching the injectors operate I notice that they are kind of dribbling in to the throttle body and not a steady mist. could this possibly be over fueling?? I do notice a significant fuel smell when the engine is running. I removed the bowl cover from the throttle body and found signs of tarnish. is it possible when the popits in the injectors are actuated that they are seizing in the injector housing, allowing excessive fuel into the engine causing it to #fowel# when the throttle is pressed??

Answer
HI CURTIS, WELL FIRST THINGS FIRST. YOU NEED TO GET YOURSELF A FUEL PRESSURE GAUGE AND CK THE PRESSURE GOING INTO THE INJS..SHOULD BE A TEST PORT THERE. LOOKS LIKE A TIRE VALVE STEM CAP..
PRESSURE SHOULD BE AROUND 35 TO 40 LBS AT IDLE..THIS DOES NOT SOUND LIKE A INJ PROBLEMS TO ME.. TARNISH IS NORMAL AROUND THE INJ WASH. IF THE INJ'S WERE STUCK OPEN IT WOULD BE DUMPING FUEL ALL THE TIME. THIS COULD BE CAUSED BY A FAULTY PCM OR COOLANT TEMP SENSOPR OR BAD INJS. BUT THIS IS NOT YOUR PROBLEM.. GET BACK TO ME WHEN YOU GET THE PRESSURE READINGS.WE WILL GO FROM THERE. GOOD LUCK TOM...

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS