Chevrolet Repair/2003 suburban won't start

Question
Hello,  I have a 2003 suburban with some issues. I can start it and drive it for awhile then shut it off and it won't start back.  dinger and lights come on turn key and nothing. Not even a sound. Wait about 20min or so and it starts runs fine until I shut it off again. I don't know what to try. Please help. (Has a new battery) Also speedometer gets stuck at different positions and some cluster lights not working. (Gear indicator and gauges on right side of cluster)  Thanks for any help you can give me.

Answer
HI JEFF, WELL THIS COULD BE A IGNITION SWITCH PROBLEM. BUT YOU WILL NEED TO DIAGNOSE THIS FIRST.
WHEN THIS WILL NOT START YOU WILL NEED TO GET UNDER THE TRUCK ON THE PASS SIDE AND JUMP THE STARTER.. DO  YOU HAVE A VOLT METER ??? IF SO CK FOR 12 VOLTS ON THE BIG CABLE GOING TO THE CENTER POST OF STARTER. IF YOU HAVE 12 VOLTS HERE, JUMP THE SMALL WIRE ON THE SOLENOID [PURPLE WIRE] TO THE BIG WIRE THAT YOU CHECKED FOR POWER AT. THIS SHOULD START THE STARTER CRANKING,IF NOT THE STARTER IS BAD AS LONG AS YOU HAVE 12 VOLTS ON THE BIG CABLE [CENTER POST]..IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A VOLT METER JUST JUMP IT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS. IF IT CRANKS LIKE THIS, THE STARTER IS OK. IF NOT FAULTY STARTER. THIS MAY HAVE A FLAT SPOT ON THE STARTER ARMATURE..  ALSO SPEEDO AND DASH LIGHTS MAY NOT BE A PROBLEM WITH THIS, BUT,, MAYBE SOMETHING LIKE FUSE OR BCM. [BODY CONTROL MODULE] HOWEVER THIS COULD EFFECT THIS. BUT,, LETS CK THE STARTER FIRST, BEFORE WE GO DOWN THAT ROAD..LET ME KNOW WHAT HAPPENS GOOD LUCK TOM..

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS