Chevrolet Repair/A/C condensations leaking inside van.

Question
Hi Tom,I have a 2005 Chevy Uplander.  When the A/C has been on for some time I have water leaking inside under the dash on the front passenger side.  When I make a left turn it sounds as if water is in the blower motor and hitting the blades. Any idea as to what is happening and how to fix it?  I know that it's normal to see water dripping outside.  I was wondering if somehow that water is being diverted inside??

Thanks,
Tim

Answer
GOOD DAY TIM,,THIS IS A VERY COMMON PROBLEM WHEN THE A/C IS ON ALOT IN HOT DAYS.. IT CREATES ALOT OF MOISTURE..YOUR CAR AS ALL OTHERS WITH A/C HAS WHAT IS CALLED A EVAPORATOR DRAIN LOCATED ON THE PASS SIDE OF CAR. YOUR DRAIN IS EITHER PLUGGED OR IT IS PARTIALLY PLUGGED..YOU ARE CORRECT IN SAYING YOU HEAR WATER LIKE WAVES OF IT...THE WATER IS BEING HELD IN SIDE THE EVAP HOUSING..THIS MAY ALSO LEAK OUT ON TO YOUR PASS FLOOR WHICH YOU MAY WANT TO CK THIS AND IF IT IS WET, PULL UP YOUR RUG AND DRY IT OUT REALLY GOOD OR YOU WILL HAVE A HLOE IN YOUR FLOOR FROM IT RUSTING OUT IN TIME...NOW YOU PROBABLY WANT TO KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS I BET..YOU WILL NEED TO GET THIS CAR UP ON A LIFT AND FIND THE LITTLE BLACK HOSE COMING OUT OF THE PASS SIDE FIREWALL AREA [THIS HOSE IS ABOUT 7/16 IN DIAMETER] YOU CAN PUSH A COAT HANGER UP THIS HOES  AND TRY TO OPEN IT UP LIKE THIS, DONT GO TO FAR JUST ENOUGH TO RELEASE THE WATER. OR THE BEST WAY IT TO USE COMPRESSED AIR WITH A LONG NOZZLE ON IT AND BLOW IT UP THE HOSE,STAND BACK BECAUSE WHEN THIS OPENS UP IT WILL POUR WATER OUT.YOU MAY NEED TO DO THESE  AFEW MORE TIME THESE SEASON UNTILL IT STAYS CLEAR.YOU MAY WANT TO TAKE THIS TO A REPAIR SHOP WHERE THEY HAVE TOOLS FOR THIS KIND OF THING. SHOULD NOT COST YOU TO MUCH OTHER THEN A LIFT CHARGE....THE ONLY WAY TO CLEAN THIS OUT COMPLETELY WOULD BE TO REMOVE THE LOWER DASH ASSEMBLY TO GET AT THE EVAPORATOR HOUSING...[[[TONS OF WORK]]]TO PREVENT THIS FROM HAPPENING AGAIN MAKE SURE YOU KEEP THE LEAVES AND DEBRIS OUT OF THE FRONT WINDOW AREA BY THE COWL[WHERE THE WIPERS REST] THE LEAVES BREAK DOWN AND FALL IN SIDE THE HOSING CAUSING A PLUGGED SYSTEM..I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,TOM...

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS