Chevrolet Repair/Chevrolet c1500 fuel pressure port locate

Question
QUESTION: Does my 1988 305 tbi have a fuel pressure test port?

Truck idles rough--lopes; hesitates. Seems to do a little better when engine is warm. Runs better when I accelerate on the road. I have replaced plugs, wires, rotor, air and fuel filter. Any suggestions appreciated.

ANSWER: HI BILL, YES IT SHOULD IF YOU LOOK BEHIND THE TBI THE FUEL LINES COMING UP TO THE THROTTLE BODY THERE SHOULD BE A TEST PORT ON THE LARGER OF THE 2 LINES. LOOKS LIKE A TIRE VALVE STEM CAP.BUT IS DO NOT THINK THIS IS A FUEL PRESSURE PROBLEM !!!!SOUNDS LIKE POSSIBLE STICKY EGR VALVE OR BAD MASS OR MAP SENSOR.  CAN YOU TELL IF THERE IS A CYLINDER MISFIRE FIRST OFF. DO A MILD BRAKE STAND [FOOT ON THE BRAKE AND RAISE THE IDLE IN GEAR TO ABOUT 1500 RPM] IS IT SMOOTH OR IS THERE A SHAKE ?? IF THERE IS A SHAKE YOU HAVE A CYLINDER MISFIRE. CK WHICH CYLINDER IS SKIPPING,THIS COULD CAUSE A LOT OF YOUR PROBLEMS.. IF NOT GET BACK TO ME WITH MORE INFO,OR IF YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO CK WHICH CYLINDER IS MISSING.. LIKE TO HELP YOU OUT..GOOD LUCK TOM..

QUESTION: TY. I will do and update in a day or two.

ANSWER: HI BILL,OK,, LET ME KNOW HOW THIS GOES...TOM..

QUESTION: Hi Tom, Thanks. EGR definitely bad. Diaphram leaked when vacuum tested. Now I have original problem: Just a little miss on idle and hesitation when I accelerate. I have now replaced plugs, dist cap, rotor, wires, fuel filter, and EGR valve. No codes. Any suggestions appreciated. Bill

Answer
HI BILL,CAN YOU FIND WHICH CYLINDER HAS THE MISS ???? THIS IS MORE THEN LIKELY YOUR PROBLEM..PULL ONE WIRE OFF THE DIST-CAP WHILE RUNNING ONE AT A TIME UNTILL THERE IS NOT ALOT OF CHANGE OR NO CHANGE IN THE RPM. ONCE YOU FOUND THAT YOU FOUND YOUR MISS IN THE ENGINE. MAKE SURE THE TIMING IS SET OK AS WELL. POSS SCTRETCHED OR LOOSE TIMING CHAIN. LET ME KNOW HOW THIS GOES FOR YOU, GOOD LUCK,,TOM

Chevrolet Repair

TOM SHEETS